Form 1 SBR and Form 4 suppressor

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

coryj

Form 1 SBR and Form 4 suppressor

Post by coryj »

I submitted my form 1 on Thursday for my SBR. On Friday I paid for a YHM 7.62 SS phantom with QD mount. This is my entrance into the world of NFA items.

Both of these items are for my 300 blackout build. The upper is complete and sitting in the vault at my friend's shop who is an 02/07 SOT since I currently don't have an SBR stamp and have other ARs in my house.

For the upper I used a PSA upper with M4 feed ramps, Wilson Combat 11.3" barrel, Midwest Industries SS9 forearm, low pro gas block, and PSA FA BCG. I'll get some pics this week to post up.
agBQ08
Silent But Deadly

Re: Form 1 SBR and Form 4 suppressor

Post by agBQ08 »

How do you like the PSA parts? I'm looking at them for an AR pistol/future SBR build and all their specs look up to snuff. May just go with known commodities in LMT or BCM though.
coryj

Post by coryj »

I have another AR that is all PSA. The upper is the 16" stainless .223 wylde with the midwest industries SS rail. The lower was bought during the $50 lower sale and has their LPK. I have fired only a few hundred rounds so far, but no complaints. I've had DPMS, spikes, and a complete FN a4 upper at one point and it seems like it's on par with the spikes and the FN uppers. I haven't really shot it with good ammo, but the accuracy edge may go to the PSA upper over the others mentioned. I'll continue to use their parts in builds as long as the prices stay where they are at, I'd hate to see them get too proud of their stuff and raise prices. They've had some growing pains with order and shipping isues (none experienced by me), but that's to be expected.
agBQ08
Silent But Deadly

Post by agBQ08 »

Excellent, thanks for the info.
Dogtired

Post by Dogtired »

I have the basically the same equipment, Wilson barrel in the mail as the form 1 just came back. I have not chosen th foreend yet as I want to eye things up first. I am planning an adjustable gas block for "fine tuning".
patwa

Post by patwa »

I have the same YHM setup on my 300 AAC. It was my first can, got it a few months ago after a five month wait, and I have been like a kid at Christmas with it ever since.
coryj

Post by coryj »

patwa,

How do you like the yhm can? I handled one at my dealer's shop and it seemed really heavy, but it gets good reviews as to how well it suppresses sound and the price was right.
patwa

Post by patwa »

There is nobody with a suppressor around here, so nothing to compare it to. It certainly do not try to shoot it offhand, it is a lot of weight at the end of a 16 inch barrel. As far as noise reduction, I think it is great, but again I have nothing to compare it to. I do not think twice about shooting it without hearing protection. I have no regrets about getting it.
Dogtired

Post by Dogtired »

I am in the same camp, no other cans to compare it to. I still need to weigh mine. The YMH meters with comparable cans per web search and is rated to 300 RUM. I went for versatility and have QD mounts on a 17 hmr and AR and soon on the 300 blk. I bought a 300 SAUM barrel to have threaded but i think I should get a 308 instead for subs. I will probably thread an old 1891 mauser that I have laying around for fun too.
shabba
Senior Silent Operator

Post by shabba »

guess im in your camp as well, still waiting for my can a sdn6 since augest damn!!~!
a wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer Bruce Lee