Stamp question

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

tazlik2fly
Silent But Deadly

Stamp question

Post by tazlik2fly »

Quick question since I am getting conflicting answers from friends at my gun club. Wife and I have a trust for our can (360 days later finally got to bring her home) what do I actually have to have with me at the range? Just the tax stamp, the trust, or will photo copies lamenated work?
Were there monkeys? Some terrifying space monkeys maybe got loose?
bangbangping
Silent But Deadly

Re: Stamp question

Post by bangbangping »

You don't have to carry anything. Bring whatever makes you comfortable.
dellet
Silent But Deadly

Post by dellet »

Check with the range, they may have requirements.

The one I go to required proof for awhile after a bunch of members who made up the local militia went to jail on illegal weapons charges. Then there were guests coming for cowboy shoots that thought 16.5” shotgun barrels were not a problem. It just seemed easier to weed at the idiots ourselves than have the sheriff and ATF showing up to do it.
300 Blackout, not just for sub-sonics.
golfindia
Silent But Deadly

Post by golfindia »

If my range asked me to see stamp, I'd find another range.

Unless someone has a patch on their jacket that says "ATF", I'm not showing them anything..
Sig220
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sig220 »

golfindia said, "If my range asked me to see stamp, I'd find another range.

Unless someone has a patch on their jacket that says "ATF", I'm not showing them anything.."

And for times like that, I keep a photo of my tax stamp on my phone. I can show it or not to whom I want!
rlandry6
Silent But Deadly

Post by rlandry6 »

Why would you not want to show someone your tax stamp?
Bitter Gun Owner
Bitter Clinger
ArmedInfidel
golfindia
Silent But Deadly

Post by golfindia »

rlandry6 wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:18 pm Why would you not want to show someone your tax stamp?
And we're off!

It's my private tax information. That's why.

Can I see your tax returns?
dellet
Silent But Deadly

Post by dellet »

rlandry6 wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:18 pm Why would you not want to show someone your tax stamp?
I don’t want to show it to anyone, but I’m not afraid to. It has less personal information on it than my truck registration, which is also a tax document.
golfindia
Silent But Deadly

Post by golfindia »

It just befuddles me that with all discussions that go on about how 2A is being constantly eroded... Most people have no problem giving up their right to privacy so easily. Very odd.

How is some rando at a gun range asking you for private info any different than a Dr asking if you have guns in the house?
dellet
Silent But Deadly

Post by dellet »

golfindia wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:14 pm It just befuddles me that with all discussions that go on about how 2A is being constantly eroded... Most people have no problem giving up their right to privacy so easily. Very odd.

How is some rando at a gun range asking you for private info any different than a Dr asking if you have guns in the house?
In the case I mentioned the “rando” at the gun range questioned people if they had a stamp. A surprising number that were asked, wanted to know why they needed one. The intent was to keep ignorant idiots from committing felony’s.

This came about because members of a private range/club were using that range for illegal activity and possessing illegal weapons on that private property.

It is an ongoing effort to police our own membership and educate the ignorant masses. Public education, self preservation.

Not all of the land used for the range is owned by the club, some of the buffer is leased from a timber company. Illegal activity can be an automatic cancelation of the lease. That could be problematic.