Permanently moving within NC with SBR and suppressors

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

noname
Silent Operator

Permanently moving within NC with SBR and suppressors

Post by noname »

I read the post by flatliner and others about hog hunting with a SBR, at least the first 5 pages. Got confusing, especially when my old age syndrome kicked in along about page 4.

As in my subject line, do I have to fill out form 5320.20 for each of my cans and SBRs? I looked up the definition of Interstate and the Meridian said between two or more states. Since I have a new address I wanted to get my dickes in a row before calling ATF.

I am moving into adjacent counties in NC.
Previously known as hardcase. Moved lost internet connection for 1+ years.
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Re: Permanently moving within NC with SBR and suppressors

Post by plant.one »

a simple call to the BATFE will give you the answers you need.

they're not gonna kick you in the shins for calling them to make sure you're behaving properly when moving :)
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.
noname
Silent Operator

Re: Permanently moving within NC with SBR and suppressors

Post by noname »

I reluctantly called BATFE. They said I do need to fill out the forms (multiple because I cannot fit all of my stamped items on one form) but there was not a 'got to' by a certain date. I tried to print out the forms but my printer ran out of ink right in the middle of the first form. I'm not having much luck with this.

My shooting is in a back yard range.

I've read on other forums that the only thing that needed notification was the SBR. I told the BATFE rep that I had 2 SBRs and 5 cans and the implication was I needed multiple forms as you can only list three items per form. I didn't get into specifics though. I plan to list everything as soon as I get a print cartridge.

As a side note, we moved to an another county in NC. When I got my concealed carry permit changed the Sheriff in our 'moved to' county said to keep my old permit and use it until renewal time in about three years. The computer records they keep lists my new address. If a LE person checked it would list our new address.

Computers will be the dearth of us all.
Previously known as hardcase. Moved lost internet connection for 1+ years.