SBR Interstate transport

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

User avatar
Sithlord
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 861
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:50 pm
Location: Northern Virginia

Re: SBR Interstate transport

Post by Sithlord » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:15 pm

Sharkbite, your logic is the worst kind - assumption of guilt until proven innocent, without compassion or logic.

You truly are a special kind of authority that has drunk the power koolaid.

As others have said, obviously, you are correct. Your knowledge of law in this country is astounding, and those that you have arrested thank you for turning their lives around. We should invite you into our houses without warrant, and say anything and everything that you will use against us, so that we may end up being better persons.

I'm just a citizen that knows my rights, and THAT pisses you off.

BulletFlight for Android
User avatar
Flatliner
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 261
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:43 pm

Re: SBR Interstate transport

Post by Flatliner » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:17 pm

bangbangping wrote:
Flatliner wrote:At this point I feel a little bad for even posting the question.
Don't. We needed a good argument to liven things up around here. :lol:

To what part of our great state are you heading?
Near Abeliene.

rlandry6
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 443
Joined: Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:39 pm

Re: SBR Interstate transport

Post by rlandry6 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:26 pm

There are a lot of ego-maniacal cops out there and many get called out, and they deserve to, and in many cases should be relieved of the LE duties, but the way to do it is in a court of law where hopefully the playing field will be a little more level, not on the side of the road which is actually his playground. I've watched a hundred videos of guys who can only say, "I'm not answering any questions. Have I commited a crime? Am I being detained? Am I free to go?". Whats the point? That's a waste of not only your time but of the time that cop could be using to apprehend actual offenders. Identify yourself, show your ID, and in most cases you are on your way. Personally, I wish all of the legislatures would pass a law making it an offense to refuse to identify. That would solve a lot of issues.
I live in Austin, TX and the city and county have had to write some pretty big checks because some LEO thought he was above the law, but I'm sure that settlement was not decided on the side of the road. Even if you are guilty of nothing, it will cost you some big bucks to argue with a cop, and you will have an arrest record, but you will have made your point. Was it worth it?
All of that said, I go back to my previous post.
Do you really want to be a test case, and do you feel lucky today.
Be safe , guys..
Bitter Gun Owner
Bitter Clinger
ArmedInfidel

User avatar
Flatliner
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 261
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:43 pm

Re: SBR Interstate transport

Post by Flatliner » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:28 pm

This discussion reminds me of a funny but inappropriate video I saw several years ago. You have been warned if bad language offends you.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P2plo4FOgIU

Sharkbite
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 1504
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:40 pm
Location: Western slope Colorado

Re: SBR Interstate transport

Post by Sharkbite » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:56 pm

Sharkbite, your logic is the worst kind - assumption of guilt until proven innocent, without compassion or logic
The problem with this (incorrect) statement is simple...

An SBR is ILLEGAL (in the State i worked) without the proper paperwork (NRS 202.275). So it falls on you, the possessor to show me its legal for you to possess. Just like narcotics. Oxy with a perscription is ok, Oxy without one is not

SBR with a form 1 is ok, without one its not. So, yes, in this instance the burdon of proof is on you, the possessor. You can not like it, you can rant all you like. Thats the LAW, and as a Law ENFORCEMT officer i swore to uphold the law. Its not my job to assign guilt or innocence to a crime, its my job to make an arrest for suspected criminal behavior. Without a form 1 shown to me, i HAVE to assume its an illegal firearm.

You dont like the law...cool. Petition to get it changed. I would love to see the NFA abolished or the scope reduced. Thats not the point. Right now, it is what it is.

BTW, please explain HOW i differentiate between a lawful SBR/ SBS / MG and an illegal one, on the side of the road, at night, WITHOUT some paperwork being shown to me indicating its legality?

So, get off your civil rights high horse. If asked, just show the form. Done, everyone goes on their way. Probably with a nice discussion about how cool your little toy is. Be an ass on the side of the road and win a short ride in the back of the nice police car. Your choice...

golfindia
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 1345
Joined: Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:16 pm

Re: SBR Interstate transport

Post by golfindia » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:31 pm

Arguing with a crazy cop on the internet can be amusing, but in the end it's a waste of time.

When the law and facts aren't on your side, threats and attacks sometimes work.

I'm glad to see there is some comon sense out there.

User avatar
Sithlord
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 861
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:50 pm
Location: Northern Virginia

Re: SBR Interstate transport

Post by Sithlord » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:48 pm

Sharkbite wrote:So, get off your civil rights high horse. If asked, just show the form. Done, everyone goes on their way.
Get off MY civil rights high horse? Pretty damn arrogant.

How about I put a Jewish Star of David on my chest, and walk to the gas chamber for you? Because of your badge?

Any LEO can choose when and which laws to enforce. If you feel the NFA is an unjust law, and at the same time will enforce it to its fullest extent, then you are Gestapo.

Being respectful of the PERSON WITH A BADGE is one thing. You shoving your authority in other peoples civil rights is abuse of your authority.

As to the question of whether or not it's worth your time to protect your Civil Rights - Monday was Martin Luther King, JR day. I'd say it's ALWAYS RIGHT to protect your Civil Rights.

Sharkbite
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 1504
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:40 pm
Location: Western slope Colorado

Re: SBR Interstate transport

Post by Sharkbite » Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:02 pm

When the law and facts aren't on your side, threats and attacks sometimes work.
Unfortunately (for you), the law IS on my side.

I cited the statute that would apply.

You claimed a 4th amendment protection....Wrong. The 4th protects against “ Unreasonable search” the statute give me PC, so its not unreasonable

You claimed a 5th amendment protection...not even close to applicable.

You claim to “know your rights”. Most people that say that actually have no idea what their rights are (sadly). They know what they THINK their rights SHOULD be, but not the statutes that codify those rights or how those have been interpreted by the courts.

Even with all that, im the “crazy” one?

Buddy, go seek some real legal advice. Learn the FACTS about these issues. Not what YOU think should be the case or what seems like it would be right, but what ACTUALLY is.

When i travel with a NFA item (which is fairly often), i throw a copy of all my forms (including the 1st page of my trust and schedule C) in a ziplock and stick it in my suitcase. I have pics on my phone that i could show if im out hunting or shooting, of all that as well.

It just makes sense to be able to show the paperwork for the items in question and avoid the hassle.

User avatar
bangbangping
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 2603
Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:34 pm
Location: Texas Gulf Coast

Re: SBR Interstate transport

Post by bangbangping » Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:39 pm

Flatliner wrote:
bangbangping wrote: To what part of our great state are you heading?
Near Abeliene.
I've heard there are lots of pigs around there, but don't get that far North very often.

Have fun, take lots of pics, and post how it turns out.

golfindia
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 1345
Joined: Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:16 pm

Re: SBR Interstate transport

Post by golfindia » Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:43 pm

What if someome is nice to you and shows you a fake tax stamp and you let him go on to shoot up a bank?

Do you take a wrench to every 14.5" barrel you see to make sure the muzzle device is pinned?

How about 922r compliance checks on imports? Might as well make sure.....

Hopefully rental car companies don't read this thread and start asking me for 5320s and form 1 copies.

Post Reply