pre-41P status

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

savage54

pre-41P status

Post by savage54 »

Just curious who still has Form 1s and Form 4s that were filed before 41P and still have not received them.

So yesterday marked one year since I sent in my last Form 1. Yep, waited until the very last day, then had to rush to do it as a paper form since eFile was down. This was my first ever paper Form 1, and it was to SBR a T/C Encore.

I know it has to be coming soon, but that doesn't make the wait any easier.
SwampDog_13
Silent But Deadly

Re: pre-41P status

Post by SwampDog_13 »

Still waiting on a form 4 filled on July 12th.
John A.
Silent But Deadly

Post by John A. »

Still waiting since July 27. I know, not exactly before the deadline as you asked about, but about 2 weeks short of a year nonetheless.

I have a friend who submitted pre-deadline and is still waiting too. He's right at a year and a month currently.

I wish newspapers had to submit special reports a year in advance before getting approval to publish or air them.
When those totally ignorant of firearms make laws, you end up with totally ignorant firearm laws.
rb288
Senior Silent Operator

Post by rb288 »

I had 2 form 1s and 1 form 4 submitted right at the deadline and had all 3 approved mid June and in my hands within 2 weeks.
Hang in there, yours are very close.
I may have been on the losing side, but, I'm not convinced it was the wrong side.
Alex Wilson
Silent But Deadly

Post by Alex Wilson »

Form 3 on 6/21 thru Silencer Shop. Got the phone call yesterday that the stamp arrived
savage54

Post by savage54 »

So I guess I should do a follow-up.

When I sent the form in a year ago, it was my first-ever paper Form 1. I used one of my eFiled Form 1s as a guide, but I missed one block. I did not specify the model of the firearm. Of course, I spotted that error a couple of days too late.

Fast forward to mid-November. I get a call from ATF asking me what the model was. Woo-hoo! They didn't bounce it because of a stupid error. I provided the information and thought everything was good.

Now, a year after submission, I get an envelope from ATF. Time to celebrate! Ah crap, it's not an approved Form 1, it's both originals, highlighting the empty block on the form, and a separate page telling me that this is my first and only notice of the error, and giving me 30 days from the date on the form to correct it, otherwise the application will be rejected. The form instructed me to enter the missing information on both forms, initial and date the change, and send it back.

So I got this on a Monday, sent it back to them the next day, the USPS tracking showed that it was delivered on Thursday. The good news is, it did not go to the back of the line. I'm guessing that they had done all of the other checks and found that there were no other problems, and that the return address they provided put it back on that agent's desk for follow-up.

It was approved the following Monday, and I received the approved form on Friday.

Happy days are here!
John A.
Silent But Deadly

Post by John A. »

I had a F1 delayed because of a typo once.

The delay added about 2 weeks to my wait time before I got the approved forms in hand.

With that said, I have a friend who's already over a year that his examiner sent back to him with the model number highlighted because apparently the examiner thought the form was incorrectly filled out but it wasn't. So, my buddy took a picture of the make of the AR lower and enclosed it back with his submission.

And yet, people are optimistic and think that wait times are suddenly going to improve.

After having been an FFL for over a decade, I can safely say that I don't share their optimism.
When those totally ignorant of firearms make laws, you end up with totally ignorant firearm laws.
Alex Wilson
Silent But Deadly

Post by Alex Wilson »

At least they didn't reject it. I had a Form 1 flat out rejected due to wrong model. Had go to back of the line. At least they were nice enough to reject it before the 41F deadline. Kinda sucked though. It was a pistol caliber SBR and I put AR-15 as model.