Sig brace from SB Tactical now allows for "situational" use from shoulder

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

hardcase
Silent But Deadly

Re: Sig brace from SB Tactical now allows for "situational" use from shoulder

Post by hardcase »

GunFunZS wrote: If you compare public opinion and perception, or even gun culture perception of now vs 10 years ago for the following...

1) short barrel rifles / comparable pistols

2) concealed carry generally

3) suppressors

... All 3 are way more normal, and accepted to almost the same degree of firearms generally. Basically now most of the public that is at all Okay with the idea of individuals owning guns are also supportive or indifferent to those three. 10 years ago it was the other way round.
Probably due more to apathy than a true understanding of firearms. There are to many people like my neighbor who is a veterinarian. He said "I learned all I need to know about firearms in the Army" and that was 60+ years ago. He is 83. He now wants a concealed carry gun for just in case emergencies, and probably would never practice. He won't let people hunt on his land and as far as I know hasn't shot a gun since the Army. Or my brother-in-law who saw my reloading room and wanted a couple 9 mm rounds to see if they would "fit" in a gun he inherited. Neither of these has much clue as to your 1) 2) 3).
battering ram

Post by battering ram »

just bought a pistol lower for my 8.5" 300 BO upper...was planning on using it on my M16 where the SBR laws dont apply...but Palmetto had such a good deal i figured why not use it semi auto...my daughter may use it for deer hunting this year.....the whole SBR law is just stupid when my Steyr aug is smaller than most/all SBR's....i shoot my AK pistol from my shoulder and plan to shoot this new lower...i notice they are coming out with some new ones which look even less like a handicap brace and more like a stock with a strap around it....they are well past pretending what it is....i do not know why anyone would SBR a gun anymore...SBR's are basically legal for 7.5 years until we have a new President who will interpret the law differently....i do not go to public gun ranges, so i dont see where this will ever be an issue anyways....
Boolit_Head
Silent But Deadly

Post by Boolit_Head »

What the heck is defined as "situational"?
battering ram

Post by battering ram »

no one has ever been arrested or charged for anything to do with these....so until that changes why bother doing a SBR $200 stamp..just toss one of these stocks on and your good to go with anything you want....it was a stupid law from day 1....80+ years later its still a stupid law

my handicap lower is due in on tuesday and i look forward to putting my 8.5" 300 bo upper on it....i think my daughter is going to use it for deer hunting this year...small/light...perfect for a young girl