"Pending" status

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

BlogSarge
Silent But Deadly

"Pending" status

Post by BlogSarge »

I read people talking about their efile forms going "pending". Where does "pending" show up? Does it even?

My submitted/In process efiles have "created" and "submitted" dates (07/07/2016, I'm afraid!) and a blank space for "finalized" date. Am I missing something?

On my last approved one, there was nothing that changed until the stamp was approved. Is this still the way it is?

Much thanks!
g22rmr
Silent But Deadly

Re: "Pending" status

Post by g22rmr »

Pending is just a term they use if you call to inquire the status. It's to let people know that the ATF took your money and they might give you a stamp in return, sometime, eventually, maybe.
GSO
Silent But Deadly

Post by GSO »

For eForms, if you do call and check, it's the date you submitted on line. For paper forms, it's the date the ATF mailroom logged it in as received.

They used to have Examiners devoted to eForms, but now they go into the queue with the paper forms, so it's taking just as long. :cry: I submitted two of them on 6 July and they are still pending, so no reason to worry yet.
I don't collect firearms; they just accumulate...

"Be Prepared" - My motto from an early age.

Greg
John A.
Silent But Deadly

Post by John A. »

pending simply means they acknowledge that you've sent them something and were courteous enough to log it into the computer system.

FWIW, my last form was submitted in late July 2016.

Didn't show pending when they looked up the serial number until up into January 2017. Any time I had inquired about it in 2016, they just told me the serial number was not found.

Yeah, it really is that bad.
When those totally ignorant of firearms make laws, you end up with totally ignorant firearm laws.
BlogSarge
Silent But Deadly

Post by BlogSarge »

Thanks all. I figured I had a few more months to go and hadn't thought about it. Then I read about the "pending" thing and didn't see it on the efile website.

So, thanks again. I'll go shoot the NFA stuff I already have and put the "pending" stuff out of my mind until the stamps get the thumbs up!
John A.
Silent But Deadly

Post by John A. »

I'm currently at 8 1/2 months with no end in sight.
When those totally ignorant of firearms make laws, you end up with totally ignorant firearm laws.
BlogSarge
Silent But Deadly

Post by BlogSarge »

John A. wrote:I'm currently at 8 1/2 months with no end in sight.

I am feeling your pain!
rb288
Senior Silent Operator

Post by rb288 »

I just talked to them yesterday about a form 1 sbr, form 1 sbs, and 2 form 4 suppressors sent up and pending prior to July 13th.
They said they were, now, working on mid June submissions.
So, at least another month, if not two.

Oh well, just be patient, it will all get done when it all gets done.

Anything after July 13th, you might be in for a very long wait.
I may have been on the losing side, but, I'm not convinced it was the wrong side.
BillJ
Silent Operator

Post by BillJ »

rb288 wrote: Anything after July 13th, you might be in for a very long wait.
Why? The rush will be over, the 10 zillion people that were beating the deadline will have got their forms back.
I'm sure it will take another 4 months to clear the log jam of pre rule change submissions. But we will see everything go back to the normal 90-120 day time frame shortly.
GSO
Silent But Deadly

Post by GSO »

BillJ wrote:
rb288 wrote: Anything after July 13th, you might be in for a very long wait.
Why? The rush will be over, the 10 zillion people that were beating the deadline will have got their forms back.
I'm sure it will take another 4 months to clear the log jam of pre rule change submissions. But we will see everything go back to the normal 90-120 day time frame shortly.
It had to be postmarked by 13 July. I talked to an operator a few weeks ago and she told me that she had been working the mailroom on the 15th of July and they took in over $1M in payments that day. Doing the math, that is over 5,000 forms that one day. She said it actually took 3 days to get them all input into the database as pending after cashing the checks or processing the credit cards. Even with the 7 new examiners they added a couple of weeks ago, this is going to clog the pipe for a while.
I don't collect firearms; they just accumulate...

"Be Prepared" - My motto from an early age.

Greg