Looking SBR advice, knowledge, and some confirmation.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

TexasEric
Silent But Deadly

Re: Looking SBR advice, knowledge, and some confirmation.

Post by TexasEric »

dellet wrote:As some others have said you can get a much better finished product for less money, doing the assembly yourself. It would probably be a dollar trade between buying the tools and having someone true the front of the upper receiver and install the barrel. It's just a choice.

If you have room to store one you have room to put one together.

If it was me and this is how I have done the SBR's is to buy the receiver that I want and file the paper work, then start watching the sales.

To me it's important to get the lower and suppressor you want. Most likely these will be a lifetime investment. There is no reason that buying one for anything 30 cal. will not work, unless you just want one for every rifle.

As far as top notch components, there are a lot of good barrels in the $200 range. I have mine done custom and they are $250 and they will headspace the chamber to your bolt if you send it to them(I think they charge $10). That would save you enough to buy a quality trigger.

The places you really want to spend the money is trigger and sights/optics.

It's impossible to tell someone else how to spend their money, and it's a lot easier to say after you have you're first one, but I would get the suppressor and lower along with the paper work first. That will be the big expense $1000-1500 easy. Two stamps, the lower, and your suppressor. All other expenses will be a couple hundred bucks at a time. If money will be tight in the future it might be hard to do.

Main thing is not get in a rush, and you can save a lot of money.
This will be the route I go. Suppressor and lower at the same time. I will acquire the parts myself. I totally agree with the above thought process. Thanks for the advice to all who posted!