At least one senior BATFE officer wants to ease NFA restrictions (leaked white paper)

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Slow Loris

At least one senior BATFE officer wants to ease NFA restrictions (leaked white paper)

Post by Slow Loris »

Read this article, and more particularly the included white paper by the associate deputy director of the BATFE and seemed like some good news, especially with the current Trump administration in power. Support for removing Silencers from the NFA, removal of silly language relating to Arm Braces, lifting firearm import restrictions and more. Anyway I assumed it would be interesting to many of you on the forum.

Trump’s ATF Wants to Slash Gun Regs, Defend Second Amendment
gds
Silent But Deadly

Re: At least one senior BATFE officer wants to ease NFA restrictions (leaked white paper)

Post by gds »

This is getting the rounds, I am cautiously optimistic that it will be a help in getting the HPA passed and further easement on stupid gun laws.

We will see.
Yes, I am a Baptist, and yes I carry a gun. You might think I carry a gun because I don't trust God. Well you would be wrong. I have complete faith in my Lord. It is mankind I have no trust in
L1A1Rocker
Silent But Deadly

Re: At least one senior BATFE officer wants to ease NFA restrictions (leaked white paper)

Post by L1A1Rocker »

I wonder how the ATF will feel about one of those periodic amnesties that the original Hughes Amendment mentioned.
Nic56
Silent But Deadly

Post by Nic56 »

I wished news like this would make them process my application faster. I'm around month 8 for my Silencerco Harvester.

Call me overly optimistic, but I really feel like the HPA has a good chance. There's just been too much talk about it for months, along with Trump Jr. touring Silencerco. Now, the ATF puts out a letter. I am thinking Trump Jr. said, "Dad, let's make this happen."
300BLK AR-15 with 10.5" Noveske barrel (1:7 pistol length gas)

300BLK 16" AAC Handi Rifle (1:7 twist)

300BLK 16" AR-15 with 16" PSA FN barrel upper (1:8 pistol length gas)
RAINS
Silent But Deadly

Post by RAINS »

This is funny! I guess all that talk of dissolving the ATF and letting the FBI handle their works load is having an effect. Too little too late ATF! "you're fired"!
That white letter is something we should send our gov reps. Vote for the HPA! Even the ATF wants it passed!

R
BadKarmaZeroSix
Silent But Deadly

Post by BadKarmaZeroSix »

Usually, i'm not the conspiracy nut on here, but i'm gonna steal the role tonight (i'm sure the "usual suspects" will chime in soon enough...)

What if this is a ploy? Appease us temporarily, knowing damn well that the Right finally has the votes needed to get 2A laws changed or passed in Congress (maybe some SCOTUS action too)...so they offer to administratively change things. Aaaaaand when the next Dem administration comes in, all of it gets reversed and we are back where we are now or worse. We need to demand Congress act on HPA and encourage Congressional action as well as court rulings regarding NFA, GCA, FOPA, AWB, etc (damn alphabet soup)...otherwise, i think this is a very temporary band-aid to our God-given rights being chisled away by the left.
"Of course I'm carrying a gun. It's where I keep my bullets".
Netpackrat
Silent But Deadly

Post by Netpackrat »

I think the only ploy is a deputy director that wants to be the Director, and sensed that the time was right politically for a less conventional approach. :lol:
VENT625
Silent But Deadly

Post by VENT625 »

BadKarmaZeroSix wrote:Usually, i'm not the conspiracy nut on here, but i'm gonna steal the role tonight (i'm sure the "usual suspects" will chime in soon enough...)

What if this is a ploy? Appease us temporarily, knowing damn well that the Right finally has the votes needed to get 2A laws changed or passed in Congress (maybe some SCOTUS action too)...so they offer to administratively change things. Aaaaaand when the next Dem administration comes in, all of it gets reversed and we are back where we are now or worse. We need to demand Congress act on HPA and encourage Congressional action as well as court rulings regarding NFA, GCA, FOPA, AWB, etc (damn alphabet soup)...otherwise, i think this is a very temporary band-aid to our God-given rights being chisled away by the left.

I see this happening with more than just gun laws........hell, its happening right now. Isn't Trump trying to "reverse" everything Obama did the last 8 years? The next Democrat will do the same thing......
"Trust me...I know what I'm doing."