How Many Pictures/Prints?

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Re: How Many Pictures/Prints?

Post by plant.one »

ProdigalSun wrote:I thought it was preceded by the chase and fight/standoff, shootout, etc...
you can usually arrange that by hanging stupid signs in your back window

:shock: :shock:
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.
Sithlord
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sithlord »

ProdigalSun wrote:I'm about to file a Form 1 and Form 23. It's a Trust.

I need a photo on each of the two copies of the Form 1 for the ATF, a third copy of the Form 1 and another photo for the CLEO, and a photo on the Form 23, for a total of 4 photos, correct?

And the fingerprint cards, two cards with the Form 1 and Two cards with the Form 23.

But I would need one more card, and no photo for the CLEO, correct?

That means, 5 fingerprint cards, and 4 photos total. Correct?
Nope... The instructions on the Form 1 include:
2.d.3: If the applicant is other than an individual, e.g., a trust or legal entity such as a corporation, the applicant shall not complete items 11, 12, 13, and 14. All other items must be completed including the signing of the Certification statement
Item 12 is the 'photo' block, and is present on all pages, so no need to provide with the Form 1.

Photos are ONLY necessary for a Form 23, and ONLY for the ATF (so 1 photograph per responsible person!). That's right... One photo per person. The form specifically states:
Complete the form in duplicate. The ATF copy of the form, with fingerprints on Form FD-258 and photograph, will be submitted with the ATF Form 1, 4, or 5 (to the address
shown on the specific form) and the other copy will be directed to the responsible person's chief law enforcement officer.
So, the ATF gets one copy, and the CLEO gets the other of the Form 23. ATF gets 2 copies of the Form 1 (you will get one copy back with the stamp), and your CLEO gets the third copy of the Form 1.

As far as the fingerprint cards...

2 are submitted with each Form 23. None are submitted with the Form 1. The instructions on the Form 23 state:
7. Fingerprints: The responsible person shall submit, in duplicate with the ATF copy of this form, his or her fingerprints on FBI Form FD-258 and the fingerprints must be clear
for accurate classification and taken by someone properly equipped to take them. No fingerprints are required with the copy of the form sent to the chief law enforcement
officer
So, 1 photo and 2 fingerprints per responsible person.

Clear as mud, right?
ProdigalSun
Silent But Deadly

Post by ProdigalSun »

:lol: yes. And thank you.

Acts 26:24 And as he thus spake for himself, Festus said with a loud voice, Paul, thou art beside thyself; much learning doth make thee mad.

I read so much trying to get it right, I confused myself.
NFA Not F**king American

It would be less disrespectful to burn the flag than to put a thin blue line through the middle of it.