Form 1 Filing Question

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

ProdigalSun
Silent But Deadly

Form 1 Filing Question

Post by ProdigalSun »

When I looked on the NFA Tracker site for form 1 wait times, it said that a Form 1 filed as a trust would take around 180 days to come back. If it were filed as an individual, it was closer to 100 days. This raised two questions.

Can I file as an individual now, and then transfer the item to the trust account later, in order to expedite the process? And my second question. How does this affect the engraving on the firearm?
NFA Not F**king American

It would be less disrespectful to burn the flag than to put a thin blue line through the middle of it.
bangbangping
Silent But Deadly

Re: Form 1 Filing Question

Post by bangbangping »

ProdigalSun wrote:Can I file as an individual now, and then transfer the item to the trust account later, in order to expedite the process?
Not without paying another $200.
ProdigalSun
Silent But Deadly

Post by ProdigalSun »

I expected that cost.

What about engraving?
NFA Not F**king American

It would be less disrespectful to burn the flag than to put a thin blue line through the middle of it.
Max713
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Max713 »

ProdigalSun wrote:I expected that cost.

What about engraving?
You engrave the firearm when it is manufactured, so it would be engraved with either the individual or trust information. If you were to manufacture it as an individual, you would engrave it with your name, and location of manufacture. Transferring the now manufactured firearm does not change its original manufacturer, or location of manufacture.

Basically, you only engrave once, at the beginning.
ProdigalSun
Silent But Deadly

Post by ProdigalSun »

Ok, I wasnt sure if I had to engrave my name, city state and caliber as the individual, AND have to engrave the trust name on it after the transfer.

Thanks.
NFA Not F**king American