AAC Remington 700 barrels 149.99

You can only post guns and ammo for sale or links to guns and ammo here, in the classified section, or in a dealer/manufacturer area.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Netpackrat
Silent But Deadly

Re: AAC Remington 700 barrels 149.99

Post by Netpackrat »

B&C stock arrived this morning. It's a much better stock than the factory Remington plastic fantastic, maybe even $200 better. I had to relieve the aluminum bedding block slightly for clearance with the Timney safety, but otherwise the fit is near perfect. The barrel is 100% free floated, and although there is a bit more of a gap on one side than the other, I am fairly pleased with it for a "drop in" stock. Installed the Brownells Latigo Sling and took a picture with the new Saker on the Beach Towel of Death. Scope is Nikon M-300 BLK.

Still haven't range tested the rifle or the can; probably won't for a while due to cold temperatures and house hunting/packing and hopefully moving is going to be the all-consuming project for the next few months. Given the amount of work I am looking at, I might not get to test fire this until April or May. But at least it is done now.
wildfowler
Silent But Deadly

Re: AAC Remington 700 barrels 149.99

Post by wildfowler »

Got my model seven put together today.

I should've taken a picture of it, but I didn't think about it at the time. I had a variety of all the ammunition to try out that I had previously loaded and for the most part everything shot pretty good. The one curiosity I have noticed was the sierra 110 grain hollowpoint that had previously been my most accurate load for my AR what is the least accurate of everything I shot today. The black tips and the speer 125's shot the best, and actually my 220 grain SMK subsonics shot the same as well. All half-inch or better at 50 yards.

I took it out this afternoon with my coyote call hoping for new blood. No coyotes but I did get an armadillo at 200 yards with it. that was a fun way to get things started.

I went with the green bell and Carlson stock, and a Timney trigger, using the hinged floorplate bottom metal. It seems to be a good bit more quiet than my AR using the same supersonic ammunition.
driven every kind of rig that's ever been made, driven the backroads so I wouldn't get weighed. - Lowell George