AAC Remington 700 barrels 149.99

You can only post guns and ammo for sale or links to guns and ammo here, in the classified section, or in a dealer/manufacturer area.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

A-Game
Silent But Deadly

AAC Remington 700 barrels 149.99

Post by A-Game »

Industry Pro Staff for Dynamic Research Technologies When One Shot is All You Get www.drtammo.com https://www.facebook.com/drtammo/
Join the Revolution http://youtube.com/watch?v=3_Xnx3BFuLk
Netpackrat
Silent But Deadly

Re: AAC Remington 700 barrels 149.99

Post by Netpackrat »

I have to say for as much as I hate on AAC for their shitty suppressor mounts, I am pretty happy so far with their Remington barrel I bought. When I assembled the rifle, headspace was perfect with no effort required beyond just normal assembly. Random barrel from AAC, random micro 7 action from the LGS, and random recoil lug off Ebay. Go figure.

I put an M-300 Nikon scope on it like I have on my SBR since I took this picture but I haven't fired it yet. I think I am going to ditch the factory plastic stock and go with a B&C.
hasdrubal

Post by hasdrubal »

Looking forward to seeing range results, I just ordered one of those barrels for a future build.
wildfowler
Silent But Deadly

Post by wildfowler »

Damn impulse buy.

And a model 7 action from pacific tool (if anyone else is as compulsive as me)
driven every kind of rig that's ever been made, driven the backroads so I wouldn't get weighed. - Lowell George
Netpackrat
Silent But Deadly

Post by Netpackrat »

wildfowler wrote:Damn impulse buy.

And a model 7 action from pacific tool (if anyone else is as compulsive as me)
You're not the only one... I ordered my parts, bought my action, and then was annoyed with myself when I saw this on sale; I suspect you will be also:

https://www.cdnnsports.com/aac-model-7- ... tinny.html

I found my action for $295 at an LGS, but it was one of the those that was sold with no trigger. Then have fun with the scope mounts... They are drilled and tapped for #8 screws rather than the more usual #6, so normal M7 bases won't work without modification. I had to counterbore a set of Leupold bases to get them to work with the larger screws.
wildfowler
Silent But Deadly

Post by wildfowler »

I know it's never cheaper to part one out like this, but I felt better with the price of the barrel and the fact that I know I won't have to throw away a trigger and stock. I'll have the gunsmith address all the screw thread sizes when he puts barrel on and "trues" the action.

I am currently trying to figure out what bottom metal / magazine configuration works most reliably. I think I'm leaning toward AI instead of AR-15 magazine for the added COAL potential?

Does anyone have any suggestions on what feeds reliably?

Thanks.
driven every kind of rig that's ever been made, driven the backroads so I wouldn't get weighed. - Lowell George
Netpackrat
Silent But Deadly

Post by Netpackrat »

I bought PTG's AICS bottom metal with an MDT magazine and could not get it to feed right, but your mileage may vary. I ended up selling those parts and buying the factory magazine parts from Numrich. No trouble with the factory parts. I didn't want to use the AR magazine conversion because you need to have the receiver machined, so I think it is a one-way conversion. At least doing what I did, I was able to revert to factory parts as a fall-back position.

I used a nickel Timney trigger. As installed it broke clean at 3 pounds, so I didn't mess with the adjustment at all. The factory stock will need to be relieved a little if you want to fit a Timney.
hasdrubal

Post by hasdrubal »

I actually impulse bought a pair of receivers last year when they were on sale at Brownells. I've been trying to figure out what to do with them until now. Also trying to figure out why I got two of them, other than "they were on sale."
Netpackrat
Silent But Deadly

Post by Netpackrat »

hasdrubal wrote:I actually impulse bought a pair of receivers last year when they were on sale at Brownells. I've been trying to figure out what to do with them until now. Also trying to figure out why I got two of them, other than "they were on sale."
At least when you do decide what to do with the second action, there's no lack of companies making Remington barrels. I had one thought that might be kind of interesting but it may be easier to start with the .308 bolt face. .458 Socom with the AR-15 magazine conversion. Even if you use your existing action and need to have the .223 bolt face opened up you should be able to use the standard .308 size extractor, at least if I am understanding the .458 Socom cartridge correctly. Have the barrel threaded for something like a SiCo Hybrid.

Trying to decide what color to order my B&C stock in; leaning toward plain black at the moment.
hasdrubal

Post by hasdrubal »

True, I was looking at the short chambered Shilen barrels on Brownells for the other one. This is going to be an adventure one way or the other. I'm teaching myself metalworking bit by bit, and going to try and do all the action blueprinting myself on the lathe. Probably going to be a while before I get to it, though. Have to make a bunch of tooling first.