Rainier Ballistics bullets released

You can only post guns and ammo for sale or links to guns and ammo here, in the classified section, or in a dealer/manufacturer area.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

hasdrubal

Rainier Ballistics bullets released

Post by hasdrubal »

First post here, been reading the site for a while now. Rainier Ballistics finally released a 300BLK bullet, there are FP and HP versions in 180gr only. As far as I know Midway is the first distributor, but they only have the FP version listed so far.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/10182 ... flat-point

Not sure why they would go with 180gr since everything they make is electroplated, and not really suitable for higher velocity. Had great luck with their pistol bullets over the years, though, so I'm going to try and pick some of these up soon.
TMD
Silent But Deadly

Re: Rainier Ballistics bullets released

Post by TMD »

Glad to see a lower price then originally quoted. Might be worth trying after all.
steven11b
Silent But Deadly

Post by steven11b »

I agree, it is somewhat odd they decided to go with 180gr. Curious as to the .309" diameter as well.
Life is hard but its harder if your stupid-John Wayne
Netpackrat
Silent But Deadly

Post by Netpackrat »

I thought it was the Berry's that you guys were bitching about the price of. Not really interested in these as a 180.
TMD
Silent But Deadly

Post by TMD »

Netpackrat wrote:I thought it was the Berry's that you guys were bitching about the price of. Not really interested in these as a 180.
It may have been.
hasdrubal

Post by hasdrubal »

Rainier uses pretty soft lead, and since the copper is electroplated rather than a drawn jacket, it's also softer than normal. Acts more like a cast bullet, so the oversize shouldn't matter, I think. I'm mostly curious about how well the HP will function, again because of the materials softness.
Guest762
Silent But Deadly

Post by Guest762 »

Not through my suppressor but I'd send a bunch through yours.
DoubleJ
Silent But Deadly

Post by DoubleJ »

Sold out.
I do not reply to posts with horrific grammar errors.

I do not reply to posts concerning the case mouth dent.
TMD
Silent But Deadly

Post by TMD »

Guest762 wrote:Not through my suppressor but I'd send a bunch through yours.
I completely agree with not shooting plated bullets through a can. I've been using plated bullets in 9mm, .40, and .45 for years and after I got my Octane 45 can last year I quickly learned that the plating does peel a bit and leaves marks in it. Not enough to damage the baffles or end cap but none the less I'm not taking any chances. Oh and before anyone says its because I'm over crimping them I can assure you I don't.
cbroome11

Post by cbroome11 »

So i picked up a box of 250 of the hp version (assumed the flat nose ones would have a lower chance of cycling) and i cannot get them to run to save my life.. I'm really hoping someone else will chime in who has bought them as well. I have 3 platforms im shooting on getting the same results in all 3 so i know the guns are not the problem. I have a DPMS lower/ radical 10.5" upper SBR, PSA lower / Radical 10.5" upper pistol and a PSA lower / 16" radical upper rifle. YHM Phantom 7.62 can shared by the 3. I've been loading 300 BLK for almost 2 years now, have loaded hundreds of 110 vmax, 147 M80 pulls and 208 Amax and never had an issue. Also im using unmodified Gen 3 PMAGS.

The problem is i may get 1 or 2 of these to cycle before a round hangs up on the feed ramps or before i get a really nasty jam where the bolt lacks about 3/4" from closing and i cannot pull the charging handle, resulting in me having to mortar clear the jam...which i do not enjoy doing.... I loaded 5 each of a few different powder loads and various COAL and got similar results across the board. I really wanted believe we finally had a cheap option for plinking subs without casting our own bullets but im starting to think its just not going to happen. And it really amazes me after all the time they apparently put into these..

The only red flag i can see is that i had massive copper deposits on my feed ramps from the very few rounds that actually cycled. But im thinking this may just be from the cheap plating and really dont want to take a dremel to my feed ramps after so many other bullets have functioned flawlessly.