CZ entering the game

You can only post guns and ammo for sale or links to guns and ammo here, in the classified section, or in a dealer/manufacturer area.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Netpackrat
Silent But Deadly

CZ entering the game

Post by Netpackrat »

This was posted on a CZ forum, supposedly from their 2017 catalog:

I don't have any more information about it than what you see.
ncbowhnter
Silent But Deadly

Re: CZ entering the game

Post by ncbowhnter »

Very interesting. I can't wait to see how they are priced.
RAINS
Silent But Deadly

Post by RAINS »

Nice. Street price on their 7.62x39 bolts are $650ish. Not cheap but they are well made. This might get me into a 300blk bolt gun. I don't like the mags on the Rugers, the Remmy 700's have a stupid heavy bull barrel and the aac model 7 guns just don't feel right to me. What I really want is a stainless Ruger scout in 300blk.

R
Netpackrat
Silent But Deadly

Post by Netpackrat »

I have the wood stocked version in 7.62x39. It's a nice rifle, but had some issues that a rifle costing that much (I paid about $700 Because Alaska) shouldn't have had. Eventually got it working OK and I'm pretty happy with it now. I had it threaded 1/2-28 because the barrel didn't have enough meat for larger threads... It would be nice if they would also make the synthetic, suppressor ready version in x39 too for people who want that.
300black
Silent Operator

Post by 300black »

Netpackrat wrote:I have the wood stocked version in 7.62x39. It's a nice rifle, but had some issues that a rifle costing that much (I paid about $700 Because Alaska) shouldn't have had. Eventually got it working OK and I'm pretty happy with it now. I had it threaded 1/2-28 because the barrel didn't have enough meat for larger threads... It would be nice if they would also make the synthetic, suppressor ready version in x39 too for people who want that.

What issues did you have?
Netpackrat
Silent But Deadly

Post by Netpackrat »

300black wrote:
Netpackrat wrote:I have the wood stocked version in 7.62x39. It's a nice rifle, but had some issues that a rifle costing that much (I paid about $700 Because Alaska) shouldn't have had. Eventually got it working OK and I'm pretty happy with it now. I had it threaded 1/2-28 because the barrel didn't have enough meat for larger threads... It would be nice if they would also make the synthetic, suppressor ready version in x39 too for people who want that.

What issues did you have?
The usual CZ-527M issues that the model has been plagued with for years (I didn't learn about them until after I bought it). I had a lot of trouble with feeding at first, until I bought two additional magazines, which work perfectly. Only difference I could find in the 2 magazines was the one that didn't work right has a different spring compared to the 2 that are good.

Also lots of misfires caused by light primer strikes. Some people will claim this is due to excessive headspace and differences between US and European spec ammo; this is false and I had misfires with both US and euro made ammunition. I build AKs and have 7.62x39 headspace gauges in both SAAMI and CIP spec... It checks out fine using the CIP European spec gauges which is the tighter of the two specs. Bolt won't even close on the SAAMI "go" gauge (typical of AKs also); SAAMI's 7.62x39 specification is based on data from Finland which was originally obtained by reverse engineering fired Soviet cases, so it's a little loose/different. Anyway, the firing pin protrusion also checked out OK, and I eventually solved the problem by making a couple of spacers for the firing pin spring to increase the preload on it.

Also the accuracy with most 7.62x39 ammo isn't really all that much better than that of an AK. I tried every load I could get my hands on until I eventually found a few that it likes... Federal blue box JSP seems to be the best and averages 1-1/8" at 100 yards (5 shot groups), this load would be my first choice if I took the rifle hunting. Second is Lapua FMJ which averages around 1-1/4", while Winchester JSP (silver box) usually runs about 1.5" but will sometimes throw a bigger group. Zombie Max is extremely consistent at 2 inches and everything else gets fairly shitty from there regardless of maker. Lots of guys claim sub MOA groups with the 527 in 7.62x39 with all kinds of crap ammo but that hasn't been the case with mine. If I put the can on it, it usually opens the groups up by at least a half inch and there is significant POI shift which I mostly attribute to the shitty loose AAC mount.
TMD
Silent But Deadly

Post by TMD »

Supposedly they are. It was announced at the same time along with the .300bo
Dinny

Post by Dinny »

RAINS wrote: What I really want is a stainless Ruger scout in 300blk.
R
Have you sent an email to the CEO?

https://www.ruger.com/dataProcess/tellTheCEO/

Thanks, Dinny
Medics Save!
GTO Kroh
Senior Silent Operator

Post by GTO Kroh »

TMD wrote:
Supposedly they are. It was announced at the same time along with the .300bo
Look in the original post. The ad says 300blk and 7.62x39. 5/8x24 thread synthetic/blued
Netpackrat
Silent But Deadly

Post by Netpackrat »

That's what I get for not reading the fine print in the image that I took from the post on the other forum.