New Blackout Company. Ammo and Brass.

You can only post guns and ammo for sale or links to guns and ammo here, in the classified section, or in a dealer/manufacturer area.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Guest762
Silent But Deadly

Re: New Blackout Company. Ammo and Brass.

Post by Guest762 »

plant.one wrote:Are the ap projectiles available as components only?
Seems to be dodging that bullet. I'm betting they aren't. Isn't it nice how the gov in some shape or form has figured out a way to keep the "people" from being quite as armed as they are.
Mcollins

Post by Mcollins »

I see that cases & loaded subsonic ammo are now available, but I just went through all the motions to place an order on the website and upon trying to complete payment in the checkout it just keeps saying "invalid shipping method". I checked everything, and it is all filled out properly. There is no way for me to select any shipping method - What am I missing here?
jimmyheadgear
Silent But Deadly

Post by jimmyheadgear »

Mcollins wrote:I see that cases & loaded subsonic ammo are now available, but I just went through all the motions to place an order on the website and upon trying to complete payment in the checkout it just keeps saying "invalid shipping method". I checked everything, and it is all filled out properly. There is no way for me to select any shipping method - What am I missing here?
I got the same thing when I tried to order.

Not ready for prime time yet.
mai_admin

Post by mai_admin »

Guest762 wrote:
plant.one wrote:Are the ap projectiles available as components only?
Seems to be dodging that bullet. I'm betting they aren't. Isn't it nice how the gov in some shape or form has figured out a way to keep the "people" from being quite as armed as they are.
This is still pending. We have a letter from the ATF for certain calibers of the loaded ammunition stating it is not controlled, nothing on the projectiles yet. We are also looking into whether or not individual officer sales are possible.
mai_admin

Post by mai_admin »

jimmyheadgear wrote:
Mcollins wrote:I see that cases & loaded subsonic ammo are now available, but I just went through all the motions to place an order on the website and upon trying to complete payment in the checkout it just keeps saying "invalid shipping method". I checked everything, and it is all filled out properly. There is no way for me to select any shipping method - What am I missing here?
I got the same thing when I tried to order.

Not ready for prime time yet.

The site is now being handled in-house. Right now, shipping needs to be calculated manually, and cards taken over the phone, or checks mailed. We will have the credit card function and shipping calculator up on the site within the next few days.

MAI
mai_admin

Post by mai_admin »

And for those who asked about LE sales of the AP rounds, loaded ammunition is available to ship to departments only. There are many other armor piercing cartridges available as well.

http://modernarmsinternational.com/product/125gr-fmj/

RU Grendel
Silent Operator

Post by RU Grendel »

mai_admin wrote:And for those who asked about LE sales of the AP rounds, loaded ammunition is available to ship to departments only. There are many other armor piercing cartridges available as well.

http://modernarmsinternational.com/product/125gr-fmj/

Understandable as far as the ATF goes, but I'm not sure there is currently much of a market for 300 blk for department use. Or at least I'm not aware of it. Hope it works out
USBP379
Silent But Deadly

Post by USBP379 »

I see the listed velocity for the AP round has been changed to a more believable, but still optimistic, 2,550fps.
mai_admin

Post by mai_admin »

USBP379 wrote:I see the listed velocity for the AP round has been changed to a more believable, but still optimistic, 2,550fps.
The original velocity was a mistake by the website company, it was the velocity of the 7.62x54 AP projectile. 2550 is not optimistic, it is actually conservative. The round has been extensively tested in extreme temperatures, with no pressure issues. Keep in mind we are using new manufactured brass, of our own production, and the projectile is also a proprietary design with minimal bearing surface on the sabot.
Last edited by mai_admin on Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
USBP379
Silent But Deadly

Post by USBP379 »

mai_admin wrote:
USBP379 wrote:I see the listed velocity for the AP round has been changed to a more believable, but still optimistic, 2,550fps.
The original velocity was a mistake by the website company, it was the velocity of the 7.62x54 AP projectile. 2550 is not optimistic, it actually conservative. The round has been extensively tested in extreme temperatures, with no pressure issues. Keep in mind we are using new manufactured brass, of our own production, and the projectile is also a proprietary design with minimal bearing surface on the sabot.
Very intriguing.

So surely you have plans for a similar load for public sale? I think hunters, sportsmen, and defensive shooters would be interested in a soft point or hollow point loaded to similar velocities.