Rainier 300BLK plated bullets

You can only post guns and ammo for sale or links to guns and ammo here, in the classified section, or in a dealer/manufacturer area.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Re: Rainier 300BLK plated bullets

Post by plant.one »

dellet wrote:
DoubleJ wrote:I remember that video, got some people worked up
The video at that time was a poorly edited version of this one, and it did not come across well. They cut a 15 min interview in half.

I was actually one who did not think much of the edited version. Later in the thread a link to the full version was posted. It seemed pretty clear it was edited with a purposely very poorly. It didn't make sense that a guy would trash a cartridge while at the same time be designing new bullets and loads for it.

ahhh that makes sense why it came across that way then.. i had abandoned the thread before the full vid got posted.
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.
jwb47
Silent But Deadly

Post by jwb47 »

It will be interesting to see how these bullets work . I shoot the rainer 335 grain in my 50 beowulf and they work great . I think I paid 109 .00 for a 500 piece bulk pack . I would hope the 30 cal would be cheaper. either way its nice to see more options and I dont care if they call it a pistol caliber or what ever as long as it works thats the bottom line .
Netpackrat
Silent But Deadly

Post by Netpackrat »

I'm glad that Alexander got the ball rolling on blackout specific plated bullets, but I hope Rainier releases a heavier version at some point. The plated pistol bullets I've used have been dead soft lead with a relatively thin plated jacket; if these are anything like that then I think they can't help but expand at pistol velocities. But if I am limiting myself to subsonic speeds, I would just as soon be throwing another 30 or 40 grains of weight.
messer454

Post by messer454 »

Any update on the Rainier plated subsonics for reloading?

Thanks,
Jerry
orbitup
Silent But Deadly

Post by orbitup »

messer454 wrote:Any update on the Rainier plated subsonics for reloading?

Thanks,
Jerry
viewtopic.php?f=151&t=97505
messer454

Post by messer454 »

orbitup wrote:
messer454 wrote:Any update on the Rainier plated subsonics for reloading?

Thanks,
Jerry
viewtopic.php?f=151&t=97505
Saw that. Said they should be out to dealers in May, it is July now. Sounded like OP on this thread had actually talked to someone at Rainier and was getting more info. Thought there might be an update.
orbitup
Silent But Deadly

Post by orbitup »

Sorry, there is a link to the Berry's pills in there, not Rainier.
frijoli

Post by frijoli »

I just received my first 250rnd batch of these hollow point bullets. I'm anxious to load some, but I am new to reloading and not sure where to start with these. I have only load 208 Hornady and 220grain Leatherhead coated using 1680.

Has anyone else received and loaded some?
Also I was told by Rainier that Alexander Arms received a large batch, so I am guessing you will see loaded ammo on their site soon.
Netpackrat
Silent But Deadly

Post by Netpackrat »

Why ask your question in the currently active thread when resurrecting two dead threads that are both nearly a year old will do? :roll:
JeffinPTC

Post by JeffinPTC »

Midway $.10

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/764251 ... flat-point

Anybody have a source for load data for these in a 16" carbine gas system?`