Ballistic Advantage 300BO 9" barrel $101 shipped

You can only post guns and ammo for sale or links to guns and ammo here, in the classified section, or in a dealer/manufacturer area.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Netpackrat
Silent But Deadly

Re: Ballistic Advantage 300BO 9" barrel $101 shipped

Post by Netpackrat »

That's lame. Based on your follow up, I advised my brother to look elsewhere for a barrel for his 300 build, and forwarded him the link to this thread.
ncgoober

Post by ncgoober »

So since I returned the BA barrel, I'm in the market again for a 9" melonite.

I've already checked the big folks at PSA, BCM, KAK, Ranier, Faaxo, MAS, Noveske, Aero, and AAC.

Ideally I want 1:7 (although I'd settle for 1:8) twist and max price of $180 or so.
Obviously it's got to have the thread relief cut to better accommodate my can.

Did I miss any other candidates, maybe some less known names?
KnotTouble

Post by KnotTouble »

ncgoober wrote:
https://www.mcgowenbarrel.com/product/a ... -pistol-9/
the eyes only see what the mind is prepared to comprehend --Henri Bergson
ncgoober

Post by ncgoober »

KnotTouble wrote:
ncgoober wrote:
Thanks, but I really want melonite.
KnotTouble

Post by KnotTouble »

ncgoober wrote:
KnotTouble wrote:
ncgoober wrote:
Thanks, but I really want melonite.

another one right price, length, twist, melanite, but i can't tell if it's the tread relief you require, http://yhm.net/yhm-71-t.html
the eyes only see what the mind is prepared to comprehend --Henri Bergson
ncgoober

Post by ncgoober »

Thanks again. By my eye this has the same problem as the one I sent back since it doesn't have a deep relief cut at the shoulder. I was planning to ask them if the picture is an accurate representation of what they're shipping.

Further check on their website have PDF drawings of what their suppressors require for threads and the 5/8x24 suppressor clearly shows a thread relief and very square shoulder and doesn't look like the thread on their barrel. Things may get interesting.
bangbangping
Silent But Deadly

Post by bangbangping »

L1A1Rocker wrote:I posted the third reply on this thread. I mentioned then that I didn't like the lack of thread relief and shoulder shown in their picture.

Some manufactures just do it that way. If you are mounting a flash suppressor or muzzle brake it's fine. But if you are mounting a silencer, it is very problematic.

Here's the picture I was referring to that is on their web site.

I have what I assume is this barrel sold by Aero Precision. The threads look like that, and it works just fine with my TBAC 30P-1. Thousands of rounds without an issue. Personally, I would check to see if you actually have a problem before assuming you have a problem. OTOH, a barrel is cheap compared to a suppressor. Just my $.02.
ncgoober

Post by ncgoober »

bangbangping wrote: I have what I assume is this barrel sold by Aero Precision. The threads look like that, and it works just fine with my TBAC 30P-1. Thousands of rounds without an issue. Personally, I would check to see if you actually have a problem before assuming you have a problem. OTOH, a barrel is cheap compared to a suppressor. Just my $.02.
Don't know exactly who you are referring to but the BA barrel with a Liberty Mystic can has been problematic for myself and another user. I think it's safe to say that the Liberty can wants a thread relief. The barrel pictured above appears similar to the BA profile at the shoulder which would probably be a problem.
ncgoober

Post by ncgoober »

Sent two emails over 4 days asking YHM a very simple question and I get zero response.

Damn it must be nice having so much business that you just ignore potential customers because you're too lazy to give a yes or no answer.
Nic56
Silent But Deadly

Post by Nic56 »

ncgoober wrote:Sent two emails over 4 days asking YHM a very simple question and I get zero response.

Damn it must be nice having so much business that you just ignore potential customers because you're too lazy to give a yes or no answer.
I think you would be just as happy with a value line $100 KAK barrel. I bought two of their 11" 5.56 barrels and built an upper using one. I use it suppressed. If I needed another barrel for 5.56 or 300BLK, I will probably buy another KAK barrel if they still have them for sale at that price.
300BLK AR-15 with 10.5" Noveske barrel (1:7 pistol length gas)

300BLK 16" AAC Handi Rifle (1:7 twist)

300BLK 16" AR-15 with 16" PSA FN barrel upper (1:8 pistol length gas)