IWI Tavor, 300Blk

You can only post guns and ammo for sale or links to guns and ammo here, in the classified section, or in a dealer/manufacturer area.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Bravo_Bravo
Silent Operator

IWI Tavor, 300Blk

Post by Bravo_Bravo »

Thought you all would like to know, it is coming...

I'm going to be shuffling some stuff around the safe to make room.
Bravo_Bravo
Silent Operator

Re: IWI Tavor, 300Blk

Post by Bravo_Bravo »

MSRP $2,049 in Black or FDE, no green at release.

Conversion kit from 5.56 to 300 Blk will be $499.

No indication if 5.56 conversions will be available for those that buy their Tavor in 300Blk.
nolwark76
Silent But Deadly

Post by nolwark76 »

Any idea of time frame? I've thought this would be a great rifle for SHTF to keep in a small pack with a few other things for getting home. Family trips to the beach, going to another city for dinner, visiting family, etc.

I don't subscribe to the 'Bug out Bag' philosophy and am much more concerned about getting home or leaving where I'm at if I'm not home. As long as I'm with family, who cares because I can't carry enough stuff on my back to survive the way some envision in an apocalypse so why try? A Tavor and a fifth should be just fine.
RockyRiver
Silent But Deadly

Post by RockyRiver »

nolwark76 wrote: A Tavor and a fifth should be just fine.
I like your style.
jwb47
Silent But Deadly

Post by jwb47 »

nolwark76 wrote:Any idea of time frame? I've thought this would be a great rifle for SHTF to keep in a small pack with a few other things for getting home. Family trips to the beach, going to another city for dinner, visiting family, etc.

I don't subscribe to the 'Bug out Bag' philosophy and am much more concerned about getting home or leaving where I'm at if I'm not home. As long as I'm with family, who cares because I can't carry enough stuff on my back to survive the way some envision in an apocalypse so why try? A Tavor and a fifth should be just fine.
I agree . my home is my bug out location but I do keep a get home bag in my jeep . my big concern is I live on one side of the mississippi river but normally work on the other side , the only siesmic proof bridge between st louis and memphis is at cape girardeau . missouir so I could have a 50-100 mile walk if the big shake and bake happens on the new madrid fault . some of the items I keep are energy bars a couple of freeze dried meals . rope , small shelter , water and filtration device fire starter , walking shoes ( I would hate to walk 100 miles in steel toed boots ) a beretta 9mm carbine and a beretta 92f pistol . they use the same magazine . and some good ole american cash in small denominations . the tavor might be a good upgrade .
certifiable
Silent But Deadly

Post by certifiable »

Glad to hear this will be coming to market. The advertisement of a 300 conversion kit was the key reason I bought the Tavor a couple years ago.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.
If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves."

Abraham Lincoln
13brv3
Senior Silent Operator

Post by 13brv3 »

This is good news, and I'll be glad to see it released. I really liked my Tavor, but sold it about a year ago when I made the transition from 5.56 to 300BLK. As soon as these hit the street, and reviews confirm that they're working well, it will be a must-have for me.

Cheers,
Rusty
yellowfin
Silent Operator

Post by yellowfin »

Quite honestly I'd like one in 6.8 or 6.5 Grendel, and will buy whichever of the Tavor or the AUG that does it first.
"You can't stop insane people from doing insane things with insane laws...it's insane!"-- Penn Jilette
A-Game
Silent But Deadly

Post by A-Game »

yellowfin wrote:Quite honestly I'd like one in 6.8 or 6.5 Grendel, and will buy whichever of the Tavor or the AUG that does it first.

Why not just buy the MDR since they have confirmed 6.8 in their bullpup release?

A 300 black kit for Tavor is cool.

1800.00 Tavor
350.00 trigger upgrade
600.00 9mm Kit
800.00 silencer
500.00 RDS
600.00 300 Blk Kit

A Tavor obsession could max out a credit card, a tax return, and cost of divorce lawyer! :lol:
Industry Pro Staff for Dynamic Research Technologies When One Shot is All You Get www.drtammo.com https://www.facebook.com/drtammo/
Join the Revolution http://youtube.com/watch?v=3_Xnx3BFuLk
1975carman
Senior Silent Operator

Post by 1975carman »

Is it supposed to be announced at 2016 Shot Show or something like that? I couldn't find any articles abut it, just this thread! thanks man