SALE ON BARNES 110 Gr. BLK BULLETS

You can only post guns and ammo for sale or links to guns and ammo here, in the classified section, or in a dealer/manufacturer area.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

tfbit
Silent But Deadly

Re: SALE ON BARNES 110 Gr. BLK BULLETS

Post by tfbit »

And now they're down to $21.83 a box and Midway is doing $10/$20/$30 September discounts. This is making me scratch my head but I'm ordering some... can never have enough bullets.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/614359 ... -box-of-50
No matter what you read on the intarweb CCI450s and CCI41s ARE NOT BALLISTICALLY IDENTICAL with H110! I'm also not a intarweb lawyer so I don't argue with anyone who is.
RDA
Silent But Deadly

Post by RDA »

tfbit wrote:And now they're down to $21.83 a box and Midway is doing $10/$20/$30 September discounts.
You can't use the discount though on sale items.
themonk
Senior Silent Operator

Post by themonk »

Anyone have a recipe for these that they love?
Whole Bunches
Silent But Deadly

Post by Whole Bunches »

themonk wrote:Anyone have a recipe for these that they love?
20.0GR H110, CCI #400, BARNES 110GR BLACK TIP, 2.25” OAL, MILD CRIMP, 2419 FPS AVE AT 4’, 75 DEGREES, RARR w/Crux Ark30 suppressor mounted. This is accurate in both my Ruger American Ranch Rifles (RARR). Recommend start at 19.0gr and work up.
defiant2

Post by defiant2 »

@ $20.19 a box now.

I'm such a sucker. 100 at ~$27ish a box. Another 100 at ~$24ish a box... now 200 at $20.19 a box.

See the giant sucker walking around? That's me. :lol:
"Now you see that evil will always triumph... because good is dumb."
wrsteve33
Silent Operator

Post by wrsteve33 »

I am the same bought 200 at $26, 300 at $22 and just bought 300 more.

Sell the things out already!
Sig220
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sig220 »

Just to spread the message.......a recent email to me from Barnes advised that the 120gn Black Tip would be available in 2016 as a reloading component. The upcoming release may be reason for the liquidation of the 110gn Black Tip. I will be picking up a couple of boxes for old times sake!!
attila.
Silent But Deadly

Post by attila. »

Sig220 wrote:Just to spread the message.......a recent email to me from Barnes advised that the 120gn Black Tip would be available in 2016 as a reloading component. The upcoming release may be reason for the liquidation of the 110gn Black Tip. I will be picking up a couple of boxes for old times sake!!
Did they say anything to the effect of the 110 becoming harder to get due to reduction of production or elimination form the lineup?
Sig220
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sig220 »

attila. wrote:
Sig220 wrote:Just to spread the message.......a recent email to me from Barnes advised that the 120gn Black Tip would be available in 2016 as a reloading component. The upcoming release may be reason for the liquidation of the 110gn Black Tip. I will be picking up a couple of boxes for old times sake!!
Did they say anything to the effect of the 110 becoming harder to get due to reduction of production or elimination form the lineup?
Attila, after reading my post I can see where you would think that.......sorry. I originally contacted Barnes about the Remington/UMC 120gn loading to get more information. This was his reply:
Hi Eddie,

The 120gr OTM loaded in the 300 Blackout UMC ammunition is a simple lead core jacketed hollow point. We are not testing if for expansion and I’d consider it a target or practice bullet – not a hunting bullet. Currently it is only available in the ammunition and not as a component.

We are loading a 120gr Black Tip all copper version like the current 110gr Black Tip in the 300BLK cartridge, but it won’t be available as a component until 2016.

Thanks, Ty

Ty Herring | Consumer Service
Barnes Bullets disclaims all possible liability for damages including actual, incidental and consequential, resulting from usage of the information or advice contained in this message.
Use the data and advice at your own risk, and with extreme caution.
From that, I sort of "jumped" that it may be the reason for the close out. I could be right, I could be wrong.......been both before!! LOL
dellet
Silent But Deadly

Post by dellet »

Sig220 wrote:
attila. wrote:
Attila, after reading my post I can see where you would think that.......sorry. I originally contacted Barnes about the Remington/UMC 120gn loading to get more information. This was his reply:
Hi Eddie,

The 120gr OTM loaded in the 300 Blackout UMC ammunition is a simple lead core jacketed hollow point. We are not testing if for expansion and I’d consider it a target or practice bullet – not a hunting bullet. Currently it is only available in the ammunition and not as a component.

We are loading a 120gr Black Tip all copper version like the current 110gr Black Tip in the 300BLK cartridge, but it won’t be available as a component until 2016.

Thanks, Ty

Ty Herring | Consumer Service
Barnes Bullets disclaims all possible liability for damages including actual, incidental and consequential, resulting from usage of the information or advice contained in this message.
Use the data and advice at your own risk, and with extreme caution.
From that, I sort of "jumped" that it may be the reason for the close out. I could be right, I could be wrong.......been both before!! LOL
My experience with Midway has been that "Clearance" means, "we got a metric butt load of these and could use some quick cash".

Barnes might be making a production change, but a little more than a year ago Midway ran a "clearance" on Remington Hog Hammer for around $20 a box or less and everyone thought the same thing. I think we are finally seeing the market adjust for the three year drought.

The release of the 120 Blacktip sounds about right for timing. I talked to them when the loaded ammo was released, and they told me components are generally released a year after loaded ammo hits the street. I remember joking, that meant the release would be about a week after hunting season closed. :x
300 Blackout, not just for sub-sonics.