300BLK Expanding Sub Ammo Finally! You can order some!

You can only post guns and ammo for sale or links to guns and ammo here, in the classified section, or in a dealer/manufacturer area.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

harrishmasher
Silent But Deadly

300BLK Expanding Sub Ammo Finally! You can order some!

Post by harrishmasher »

I was very excited to see the expanding sub bullets from http://www.blackoutbullets.com/. Only problem for me, I don't reload. I reached out to Scott the owner of blackoutbullets.com and asked if he was planning on selling loaded ammo. He said he will at some point, but in the meantime he recommended a gentleman name Clinton Auschwitz. He said Clinton would load the expanding sub ammo for me and sell me complete ammo!

Scott gave me Clinton's email address and I placed an order! 200 rounds for $180 delivered. Here is Clinton's info if you want to place an order. Posted with his permission:

Clinton Auschwitz
[email protected]

ALPHA 7 ARMORY
402 COUNTY RD 2355
BARNSDALL, OK 74002
(918) 724-6770

Here are some pics of the ammo I received today. No chance to shoot it yet. My rifle is off at AAC having some work done to it. I will test it as soon as I get my rifle back. The ammo looks super nice. He did a very nice job loading this ammo. It is reformed Lake City brass.

Clinton sent me this pic. Shot at 70 yards. That is the entrance. No exit. Brutal.

stengun
Senior Silent Operator

Re: 300BLK Expanding Sub Ammo Finally! You can order some!

Post by stengun »

Howdy harrishmasher

Pretty interesting.

Here's a place that I found on the 'Net that sells bullets for the 300 BLK thAt they claim will expand at subsonic speeds. Here's the link:

http://www.outlawstatebullets.com/2.html

I haven't tried them yet but the ones you posted about are cheaper.

Paul

P.S. According to the sidebar info I joined this sight in 2007 and today is my first post. Interesting.
I'm so Liberal that I work at the Bill & Hillary National Airport!!!
tallburnedmidget
Silent But Deadly

Post by tallburnedmidget »

Wow I didn't even know those bullets existed. $55/100count is a great price point for expanding jacketed subs bullets. Probably the best price point.

If I ever shoot through all of my Lehigh Defense ME and CF I'll give those shot.
Ram Rod
Silent Operator

Post by Ram Rod »

IMO, they look better in the bag than top pic. Top pic looks like they have almost no neck/shoulder.
Very interesting indeed and less than $1 per round is sweet for loaded ammo like that!
Bottom pic says enough about the round......no exit. Nice
Sans Remords
stengun
Senior Silent Operator

Post by stengun »

Howdy Ram Rod,
Ram Rod wrote:IMO, they look better in the bag than top pic. Top pic looks like they have almost no neck/shoulder.
Very interesting indeed and less than $1 per round is sweet for loaded ammo like that!
Actually on something the size of a coyote, especially one that's gut shot I would have perferred an exit wound.

Where are you located in Arkansas? I'm east of Hot Springs.

Paul
300Blk
Site Admin

Post by 300Blk »

Poor puppy dog.
ncorry
Silent But Deadly

Post by ncorry »

stengun wrote:Howdy Ram Rod,
Ram Rod wrote:IMO, they look better in the bag than top pic. Top pic looks like they have almost no neck/shoulder.
Actually on something the size of a coyote, especially one that's gut shot I would have perferred an exit wound.

Where are you located in Arkansas? I'm east of Hot Springs.

Paul
Same here. I'm in LR.
stengun
Senior Silent Operator

Post by stengun »

Howdy ncorry,
ncorry wrote: I'm in LR.
Maybe we can meet one weekend and do a little shooting.

Paul
jwb47
Silent But Deadly

Post by jwb47 »

stengun wrote:Howdy harrishmasher

Pretty interesting.

Here's a place that I found on the 'Net that sells bullets for the 300 BLK thAt they claim will expand at subsonic speeds. Here's the link:

http://www.outlawstatebullets.com/2.html

I haven't tried them yet but the ones you posted about are cheaper.

Paul

P.S. According to the sidebar info I joined this sight in 2007 and today is my first post. Interesting.
out law state 225 grain spitzer at 900 fps out of an 8.5 inch barrel . at 50 yds penetrated the chest expanded and shed the petals traveled the full length of the deer exited the ham and some how hit the elbow where I recovered the bullet , second round was a mercy shot and shed the petals and some lead but apparently tumbled through the ribs . bullet found under skin on opposite side . I think if I had been running 1000 fps or 1050 fps the expansion would of been more violent . I have since took a couple of more deer but not recovered the bullet but made a mess of the head on one and the spine on another .

stengun
Senior Silent Operator

Post by stengun »

Howdy jwb47,
jwb47 wrote:
out law state 225 grain spitzer at 900 fps out of an 8.5 inch barrel . at 50 yds penetrated the chest expanded and shed the petals traveled the full length of the deer exited the ham and some how hit the elbow where I recovered the bullet , second round was a mercy shot and shed the petals and some lead but apparently tumbled through the ribs . bullet found under skin on opposite side . I think if I had been running 1000 fps or 1050 fps the expansion would of been more violent . I have since took a couple of more deer but not recovered the bullet but made a mess of the head on one and the spine on another .

That's impressive!

I'm running a 10.5" barrel on my AR and plan on shooting whatever bullet I choose at over 1050ft/sec. with a max range of about 75 yards.

The Outlaw bullets do look promising and I'll have to order a box of them.

The 260 grain bullets look interesting but with a lower B.C. will bleed off velocity and energy quicker than the 225 grain spitzers.

Paul