300BLK Expanding Sub Ammo Finally! You can order some!

You can only post guns and ammo for sale or links to guns and ammo here, in the classified section, or in a dealer/manufacturer area.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Klem
Silent But Deadly

Re: 300BLK Expanding Sub Ammo Finally! You can order some!

Post by Klem »

fasttwist wrote:harrishmasher,
Please show me where outlawstatebullets was tested in water and gell and did not expand.
The Lead tip spitzer bullet that is in jwb47 post has a minimum expansion threshold of 950 fps.
The new G.I. bullet opens to 900 fps. The Exot opens to 800 fps.

blackbullets is not the only game in town. He is just the cheapest.
That's a big marketing plug for your business...Why would anyone spend more for less?

I don't care about gel or jugs. I only care about the game I hunt and how a bullet works on flesh.

I look forward to your predictable defensive reply. Meanwhile, I have a bunch of expanding 220 Blackoutbullets at less than half the price, and that's what I am hunting with this ATM. And if that doesn't work then I'm back to using 220SMK's...At least they tumble on impact.
USBP379
Silent But Deadly

Post by USBP379 »

blackoutbullets wrote:I apologize for the delay, I have had a huge surge in sales. I had to order more materials and it took a while for them to arrive.
Any interest in your end on a non-expanding 220gr again? I liked your spitzer-style soft points.

Also, what about something in 240gr? That would be fun for ringing steel, etc.
blackoutbullets

Post by blackoutbullets »

I can no longer get the jackets at the low price, which allowed me to sell them at such a low price. I am working on making my own jackets, but it's not cheap. By the summer I should be up and running with 115 grain and 125 grain. Once I have these operational I will work on the 220 grain.
USBP379
Silent But Deadly

Post by USBP379 »

blackoutbullets wrote:By the summer I should be up and running with 115 grain and 125 grain. Once I have these operational I will work on the 220 grain.
I could be wrong but I think there's a demand for general purpose bullets. Not everyone wants or needs a boattail match bullet for short range subs nor an explosive varmint bullet or lightweight bonded bullet for blasting paper targets or empty milk jugs.

If you can sell 125gr and 220gr "ball" for $19 and $30 a box respectively I think you'll do okay.
blackoutbullets

Post by blackoutbullets »

which is used more 115 grain or 125 grain?
jwb47
Silent But Deadly

Post by jwb47 »

so did anybody ever kill a deer with the 220 grain expanding subs ? if so got any pics ?