300BLK Expanding Sub Ammo Finally! You can order some!

You can only post guns and ammo for sale or links to guns and ammo here, in the classified section, or in a dealer/manufacturer area.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

hunter2
Silent But Deadly

Re: 300BLK Expanding Sub Ammo Finally! You can order some!

Post by hunter2 »

I would have liked full penetration also. At least 2 coyote widths so it would have got his running mate also! :lol:
Klem
Silent But Deadly

Post by Klem »

I've used 220gn Outlaw State on flesh. None have expanded. All have laser beamed through and out the other side like a monolith. I emailed them with my feedback and did not get a reply.

Don't bother.
harrishmasher
Silent But Deadly

Post by harrishmasher »

Klem wrote:I've used 220gn Outlaw State on flesh. None have expanded. All have laser beamed through and out the other side like a monolith. I emailed them with my feedback and did not get a reply.

Don't bother.
Others on this forum have reported similar results with the Outlaw bullets in gel and water jug tests, that is why I waited for something else to come out. Several folks on this forum tested the expanding subs from blackoutbullet.com and they all had great results in gel and water jug tests. That's where my money went. I just couldn't see spending a fortune on exotic loads like Lehigh Defense and that silly Noveske glow in the dark nonsense. The Noveske tests I have seen, the bullet does not expand either. Just a marketing gimmick. The blackoutbullet.com bullets seem to be the only real game in town other than the exotic Lehigh rounds.
fasttwist

Post by fasttwist »

harrishmasher,
Please show me where outlawstatebullets was tested in water and gell and did not expand.
The Lead tip spitzer bullet that is in jwb47 post has a minimum expansion threshold of 950 fps.
The new G.I. bullet opens to 900 fps. The Exot opens to 800 fps.

blackbullets is not the only game in town. He is just the cheapest.
OUTLAWSTATEBULLETS.COM
fasttwist

Post by fasttwist »

Dont over think B.C.s of subsonic hunting projectiles you will most likely use at less then 200 yds.
These bullets do not loose speed like pistol bullets.
The 260rn with a muzzle velocity of 1030 fps will still be running over 930 fps at 200 yds.
OUTLAWSTATEBULLETS.COM
Klem
Silent But Deadly

Post by Klem »

fasttwist wrote:harrishmasher,
Please show me where outlawstatebullets was tested in water and gell and did not expand.
The Lead tip spitzer bullet that is in jwb47 post has a minimum expansion threshold of 950 fps.

I don't care about price with subsonic hunting. I'll pay high prices as long as they work as claimed. Heck, I'll even buy from companies that can't be bothered replying to customer feedback if they work.

I have settled on 220SMK's for hunting. They still mostly exit but at least they tumble on impact. It's all about careful shot placement at close range.

I've just ordered 300 Blackbullets. I'll give them a try but compared to supersonic I don't expect they will be a magic bullet.
jwb47
Silent But Deadly

Post by jwb47 »

fasttwist wrote:harrishmasher,

I dont think I was clear in my statement . I have no issues with the performance from outlaw state bullets . I have not had a deer run farther than 25 yds . even with me not loading to the minimum velocity for expansion the bullets have still done the job . I got expansion , penetration , consistant accuracy .
the internal damage and near instant stops on deer do not indicate the bullet lazering through.
bimbi40
Silent Operator

Post by bimbi40 »

This is outlaw state bullet 220 gr exot, shoot at water jugs, and being shooting 240,250,260 gr round nose and they al expand

100 yards, 9.5 gr h110, Remington 700 bolt action
ncorry
Silent But Deadly

Post by ncorry »

bimbi40 wrote:This is outlaw state bullet 220 gr exot, shoot at water jugs, and being shooting 240,250,260 gr round nose and they al expand

100 yards, 9.5 gr h110, Remington 700 bolt action
Any idea as to the velocity of that round at muzzle?
bimbi40
Silent Operator

Post by bimbi40 »

Dont have chrony, but around 1000 to 1050 fps