Blemished Aero Uppers - $44

You can only post guns and ammo for sale or links to guns and ammo here, in the classified section, or in a dealer/manufacturer area.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

anotherkelley
Silent But Deadly

Blemished Aero Uppers - $44

Post by anotherkelley »

Guest762
Silent But Deadly

Re: Blemished Aero Uppers - $44

Post by Guest762 »

Out of stock
themonk
Senior Silent Operator

Post by themonk »

Just FYI - I picked one of these up about 6-8 months ago. The threads were way out of spec due to anodizing. I went through three barrel nuts just to get it to thread on. I pinged Aero multiple times for help and they ignored me. I love their lowers and have two of them but I am totally done with them from now on. There was a thread over at m4carbine about them and there were far more people than I expected had the same experience.

Caveat emptor!
Last edited by themonk on Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Guest762
Silent But Deadly

Post by Guest762 »

themonk wrote:Just FYI - I picked one of these up about 6-8 months ago. The threads were way out of spec due to anodizing. I went through three barrel nuts just to get it to thread on. I pinged Aero multiple times for help and they ignored me. I love their lowers and have two of them but I am totally done with them from now on. There was a thread over at m4carbine about them and there were for more people than I expected had the same experience.

Caveat emptor!
Good to know
Chedr
Silent But Deadly

Post by Chedr »

themonk wrote:Just FYI - I picked one of these up about 6-8 months ago. The threads were way out of spec due to anodizing. I went through three barrel nuts just to get it to thread on. I pinged Aero multiple times for help and they ignored me. I love their lowers and have two of them but I am totally done with them from now on. There was a thread over at m4carbine about them and there were far more people than I expected had the same experience.

Caveat emptor!
I am a fan of Aero, I live a few short miles away but because of recent experiences Aero's customer service I am currently refusing to deal with them directly. I am still guilty of buying Aero products from reputable distributors.
L1A1Rocker
Silent But Deadly

Post by L1A1Rocker »

themonk wrote:Just FYI - I picked one of these up about 6-8 months ago. The threads were way out of spec due to anodizing. I went through three barrel nuts just to get it to thread on. I pinged Aero multiple times for help and they ignored me. I love their lowers and have two of them but I am totally done with them from now on. There was a thread over at m4carbine about them and there were far more people than I expected had the same experience.

Caveat emptor!
Well that's disappointing. I've been admiring their enhanced upper for a while now, with an eye to eventually buy one - or two. BUT, I won't buy from a company with that kind of service.
aleaddict
Silent Operator

Post by aleaddict »

So if I am to understand this problem correctly, the anodization has caused the threads to be oversized and not the actual machining of the threads?