Noveske 300 AAC Blackout 220 Grain Ballistic Glow Tip Subsonic 20 Count - round 2

You can only post guns and ammo for sale or links to guns and ammo here, in the classified section, or in a dealer/manufacturer area.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

VENT625
Silent But Deadly

Noveske 300 AAC Blackout 220 Grain Ballistic Glow Tip Subsonic 20 Count - round 2

Post by VENT625 »

Ok...lets trys here, since I goofed. Anyone know the purpose of the glow tips? At $2 a round.....is this a gimmick, or tracer-like?

http://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/i ... licks=alt1
"Trust me...I know what I'm doing."

VENT625
Silent But Deadly

Re: Noveske 300 AAC Blackout 220 Grain Ballistic Glow Tip Subsonic 20 Count - round 2

Post by VENT625 »

Answered my own question.......from the site :

The new Noveske 30 caliber-220 grain Subsonic bullet is designed to provide controlled and consistent expansion with reliable penetration at subsonic velocities. It also features a glow in the dark polymer tip which gives off a green glow after being charged with light. This feature allows for easy identification of loaded rounds in low or zero-light environments.

300Blk
Site Admin

Re: Noveske 300 AAC Blackout 220 Grain Ballistic Glow Tip Subsonic 20 Count - round 2

Post by 300Blk »

Unfortunately they marketed them as being designed to expand, so they just lost the military market.
MMA10mm
Silent But Deadly

Post by MMA10mm »

VENT625 wrote:Answered my own question.......from the site :

The new Noveske 30 caliber-220 grain Subsonic bullet is designed to provide controlled and consistent expansion with reliable penetration at subsonic velocities. It also features a glow in the dark polymer tip which gives off a green glow after being charged with light. This feature allows for easy identification of loaded rounds in low or zero-light environments.
"This feature is purely designed to be a silly and unnecessary marketing gimmick to sell these extremely expensive bullets to the Zombie Apocalypse nuts who will spend ridiculous amounts of money on anything branded for them."

There. I fixed it for them...
VENT625
Silent But Deadly

Post by VENT625 »

I dont shoot subs....so I have no use for these. I am, however interested in the brass for reloading.

strobro32
Silent But Deadly

Post by strobro32 »

$1 a round?

THEY'LL PAY $2!!!!!!!!!

Enter Barnum quote here.

*I own a Noveske upper.
If it doesn't splatter, shatter, burst, boing or explode, it's not worth shooting.
MMA10mm
Silent But Deadly

Post by MMA10mm »

VENT625 wrote:I dont shoot subs....so I have no use for these. I am, however interested in the brass for reloading.
Yeah, that is interesting, "black nickel coating". I assume these are Hornady-manufactured, as Hornady does (did?) this same treatment system on their TAP ammo. They're the only ones I know of who make/made black cases (presuming these are not Russian Wolf steel cases :mrgreen: ), and they already load 300 Black/Whisper ammo and are big in marketing green-tipped bullets...
300Blk
Site Admin

Post by 300Blk »

They are Nosler manufactured.

Anyone can send out their brass to be plated. Hornady does not plate their own brass.

It is expensive because you have to ship the brass, wait, then ship it back. Hornady gave up on it, and I assume that will happen to this as well.
MMA10mm
Silent But Deadly

Post by MMA10mm »

Good to know. Thanks, Robert!
golfindia
Silent But Deadly

Post by golfindia »

Make them all black, so you can't see them, and then put glowing tips so they're easier to see?

Zombie logic.