Lehigh Defense 168 CF "Lil' Prick"

You can only post guns and ammo for sale or links to guns and ammo here, in the classified section, or in a dealer/manufacturer area.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Dr.Phil
Silent But Deadly

Lehigh Defense 168 CF "Lil' Prick"

Post by Dr.Phil »

I was showing off some of Lehigh Defenses products to a friend of mine a few days ago and when I went to their site, I noticed a new 300 BLK Specific projectile.
The Lehigh Defense 168 Grain Subsonic Controlled Fracturing (Code Name: "Lil' Prick")
http://www.lehighdefense.com/shop/bulle ... let-detail

The information posted on Lehigh Defense's Web Site touts this new bullet as their "Most Lethal Subsonic Design".
They also state that the other design goals were "super quiet subsonic performance".
Under the information for the loaded ammunition version, they state that it is for single shot & bolt action applications and it will not cycle an AR.
http://www.lehighdefense.com/shop/ammun ... mmo-detail
I searched 300 BLK Talk using the Google Custom Search Tool and did not see any information on this new product.
https://www.google.com/cse/publicurl?cx ... tl9hapdoi0
Do any of you have additional information on this product?
I'm particularly interested in finding out what makes this new bullet Lehigh Defense's "Most Lethal Subsonic Design".
"Don't tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly,
don't tell them where they know the fish."
--Mark Twain
tallburnedmidget
Silent But Deadly

Re: Lehigh Defense 168 CF "Lil' Prick"

Post by tallburnedmidget »

This is news to me and I was just all over their sight during the Black Friday weekend and did not see this bullet.

Looks awesome for bolt guns and SS. My guess is that it is the most deadly due to the size of the fragments along with the shank penetrating like a regular bullet. Those fragments appear way larger than the 174gr fragments and the needle piece adds a 4th large fragment vs the 174gr CF only splitting into 3 fragments.

I'm glad those guys keep innovating and trying to improve. Their product is top quality and so is their customer service. I look forward to a report on these form someone.
randyrucker
Silent But Deadly

Post by randyrucker »

Interesting design.
N2130N
Silent But Deadly

Post by N2130N »

I ordered me some black Friday & they got here today, just opened the box. Wicked funny looking little things!

I wonder why they make a 168, 170 & 174 grain fracturing? Seems redundant?

My favorite is the 194 expander but they're out *sad face* so that's why I decided to try these.
WTB: exotic ammo! AP, tracers, etc. Money waiting, whatcha got?
munchie3409
Senior Silent Operator

Post by munchie3409 »

Lehigh is constantly changing their bullets...I'm about 30 minutes from the facility.

Great people to visit with...I haven't loaded my Lehigh bullets, but I may for the remaining whitetail season.

That new bullet does look nasty. I think I'll try some.
nolwark76
Silent But Deadly

Post by nolwark76 »

With bullets like these, I just might have to buy a Model 7.
MMA10mm
Silent But Deadly

Post by MMA10mm »

I got my 300Blk Sample Pack, which I ordered on Black Friday, and these Lehigh bullets are just too pretty to shoot. They look like little works of copper and gilding metal art!

I saw the new 168s when I ordered, but purchased none due to them not being for ARs. After looking at them, I'm guessing the mouth opening is too big for reliable feeding on the feed ramps, and the center stem/nosecone will bend if it hits the feedramp.

I really like the Controlled Fracture rounds. They are like the Tom Burzynski Quik-Shok and the Barnes X-bullet got together and had a baby. :shock:

IMO, the CFs are better killers than the Maximum expansion, but that is purely based on my opinion, not real life comparisons.
N2130N
Silent But Deadly

Post by N2130N »

Well I loaded up a few & tried them out.

I fired a few shots but quit because I could tell my load was too slow, 966 fps average.

The resulting group was under 1" at 50 meters, not shabby for a first try I think.

I had stapled the target to a thick cataloge that was wetted down. It was basically, shredded.

Overall pretty god dang impressive.

I've loaded up a few more & will report back later.
WTB: exotic ammo! AP, tracers, etc. Money waiting, whatcha got?
MMA10mm
Silent But Deadly

Post by MMA10mm »

N2130N wrote:Well I loaded up a few & tried them out.

I fired a few shots but quit because I could tell my load was too slow, 966 fps average.

The resulting group was under 1" at 50 meters, not shabby for a first try I think.

I had stapled the target to a thick cataloge that was wetted down. It was basically, shredded.

Overall pretty god dang impressive.

I've loaded up a few more & will report back later.
What'd you shoot them out of?
Dr.Phil
Silent But Deadly

Post by Dr.Phil »

User "QuietRiot" on his most recent You Tube video about the Liberty Mystic X has a segment in it where he shoots one of these new 168 Grain CF "Little Pricks" through his suppressed Handi Rifle.
http://youtu.be/SNa8P8UuLtc
The sound performance, or lack there of, was extremely impressive.

In the video he refers to the cartridge as one of Lehigh Defense's new 170 grain controlled fracturing bullets.
I thought that he just misspoke and when I went to Lehigh Defense's Site to get the part number he was using, I discovered that I was wrong.
It turns out that Lehigh has not one but two new 300 BLK Controlled Fracturing projectiles.
One that is 168 grains and the other which is 170 grains?
Why?
I couldn't tell you, but I did notice that the 168 grain version of the loaded ammo says that it will not cycle and AR platform, but the 170 grain version says that it is "Designed to feed in AR style rifles."
So, I suppose it could be that the 168 grain version is for single shot use and is as quiet / lethal as possible.
Then the 170 grain version is a modified version that will run in an AR?

Now I'm even more curious about this new offering(s) from Lehigh Defense.
"Don't tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly,
don't tell them where they know the fish."
--Mark Twain