AAC 16" 300 Blackout Barrels for $129???

You can only post guns and ammo for sale or links to guns and ammo here, in the classified section, or in a dealer/manufacturer area.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Blacklamb

Re: AAC 16" 300 Blackout Barrels for $129???

Post by Blacklamb »

certifiable wrote:
Blacklamb wrote:This seems to good to be true? Who has ordered one of these? is it the real deal?

I ordered one just in case worst case I resell it.
I received mine on Monday as I posted above. Came in an AAC labeled box and looks just as nice a barrel as my other two AAC barrels however it does not come with the gas tube, tube retaining pin or the indexing pin so don't for get to order those as well.
Hope to have mine together and test firing this weekend.
ETA

Got my first one in, waiting on the second and debating a third:

Last edited by Blacklamb on Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
rodgersbsw

Post by rodgersbsw »

Hi all, I'm new to the 300BLK. I was thinking about ordering one of these barrels to build a new upper. I just wanna make sure I can use super sonic loads with this barrel and gas system. Just thought I read somewhere that it might not work out to well. I don't yet have a suppressor so I won't be shooting subs. I will mainly be using it for whitetail deer. Just wanna make sure of everything before I click the order button.
dellet
Silent But Deadly

Post by dellet »

rodgersbsw wrote:Hi all, I'm new to the 300BLK. I was thinking about ordering one of these barrels to build a new upper. I just wanna make sure I can use super sonic loads with this barrel and gas system. Just thought I read somewhere that it might not work out to well. I don't yet have a suppressor so I won't be shooting subs. I will mainly be using it for whitetail deer. Just wanna make sure of everything before I click the order button.
To get that barrel to properly shoot supers and subs you will need to only modify one thing and after that it is just a two step process

A. Stop getting your info where ever you read that, that is a wonderful barrel for supers and subs. No idea why someone would suggest that.

1. Click the order button
2. install and enjoy

welcome to the fun sir.
300 Blackout, not just for sub-sonics.
rodgersbsw

Post by rodgersbsw »

Awesome, thanks for the info. I think what I had read was something about needing an adjustable gas block but I will forget that I ever read that. Just ordered the barrel. Now to see what parts I have laying around and what else I'll need to get to get this thing running.
JBL121

Post by JBL121 »

Not sure why they sell a barrel without an index pin. Seems weird.

I have an 8" 300 blk pistol build and may build a 16" upper.

Looking at this barrel:

http://www.law-guns.com/ar-1516300bblnitride.aspx

Question for the masses, what is the difference in reference to supersonic vs subsonic and supressed vs unsupressed when running a 16" barrel with either a pistol or carbine gas system.

I'm pretty sure the factors in getting proper function are:

gas system length
port size
bcg weight
buffer tube spring
buffer weight

I'm sure I missed some but when using a 16" barrel, what length gas system should be used.

Thanks for all responses.

JBL
Poorboy1015
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Poorboy1015 »

Email I sent to AAC:

Dec 5 (1 day ago)
Is this legitimate? http://www.midwestgunworks.com/page/mgw ... lackout-fr...

AAC <[email protected]>
9:17 AM (23 hours ago)

to me, salesinfo
It seems to be, not sure how they got it, we’ve never sold 16” blackout barrels with pistol gas systems, except to other Remington owned companies. Not sure on the details of how they got them, or how they are selling them so cheap.

-Nick
ga41

Post by ga41 »

crap, trying to order and getting unable to authorize due to billing address problem. I copy directly from my statment............ :roll:
NRA Benefactor Member
certifiable
Silent But Deadly

Post by certifiable »

ga41 wrote:crap, trying to order and getting unable to authorize due to billing address problem. I copy directly from my statment............ :roll:
I got the same message and had to call them directly
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.
If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves."

Abraham Lincoln
ga41

Post by ga41 »

And yet when I checked my card issuer on line, showed 4 separate charges..called them and was told they would drop off and gave them yet another order...bank error, I know, but this isn't monopoly $$
NRA Benefactor Member
ga41

Post by ga41 »

JBL121 wrote:Not sure why they sell a barrel without an index pin. Seems weird.

I have an 8" 300 blk pistol build and may build a 16" upper.

Looking at this barrel:

http://www.law-guns.com/ar-1516300bblnitride.aspx

Question for the masses, what is the difference in reference to supersonic vs subsonic and supressed vs unsupressed when running a 16" barrel with either a pistol or carbine gas system.

I'm pretty sure the factors in getting proper function are:

gas system length
port size
bcg weight
buffer tube spring
buffer weight

I'm sure I missed some but when using a 16" barrel, what length gas system should be used.

Thanks for all responses.

JBL

rule of thumb, a pistol gas length always works with anything, carbine usually works but changing port size etc can and usually does correct the occaisional hiccup
NRA Benefactor Member