AR 15 compatable 220 Grain Expanding Bullets

You can only post guns and ammo for sale or links to guns and ammo here, in the classified section, or in a dealer/manufacturer area.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

hunter2
Silent But Deadly

Re: AR 15 compatable 220 Grain Expanding Bullets

Post by hunter2 »

Got an e-mail from them today and they are going to have some results next week if the crony part comes in. FYI
mack90

Post by mack90 »

I loaded a few with 9.7gr of 4227 at a velocity of 970fps out of a 16"bbl. I lined up two 5 gallon buckets with water and shot at 40 yards. The bullet stopped in the second bucket an did expand... Nicely actually. I am going to try another powder as I was not getting very good accuracy.
blackoutbullets

Post by blackoutbullets »

This was posted on Predator Masters, they also have photographs on there if you want to check them out:
For the past several weeks I have been working up a load for a new subsonic bullet. I found these bullets on the internet and thought I would give them a try. They are showing some serious promise. The bullet is a 220 grain jacketed hollow point from blackoutbullets.com. The best part is they are only $55/100. The bullet is their Ar-15 bullet that has a sharper hollow point than their other subsonic bullet. These bullets are serrated the length of the bullet which aids in expansion. I am shooting this bullet in a remington 700 with a 1-7 twist barrel. I have not shot them in my Ar-15 yet but will in the near future. IMR-4227 is shooting pretty good groups at 100 yards. I know I know.... the posted pics are only three shot groups but it saves me time when testing and chronographing loads. These bullets started to group when I loaded them short. They really like a .050 jump. The two groups I posted were loaded .050 and .060 from the lands. I tried a wet newspaper test this week. The bullet speed was 1050 at the muzzle using a MagnetoSpeed V3 Ballistic Chronograph. The box of wet newspaper was placed exactly at 100 yards from the muzzle. I included pics of the bullets recovered from the wet newspaper for you to see. I can't wait to put them on a coyote at subsonic speeds with my suppressor. I think this bullet is what I have been looking for.
Steve Urquell
Silent But Deadly

Post by Steve Urquell »

nismofun

Post by nismofun »

Website down?
blackoutbullets

We are updating should be back soon.
blackoutbullets

You can access our site for the time being at www.shop.blackoutbullets.com. We are adding some extra features, including a blog, pictures, you tube channel customer pictures. They are having some technical difficulties linking to our main page. Should be available today.... although they said that yesterday too!
orbitup
Silent But Deadly

Post by orbitup »

I'll have to try those out. Thanks.
Gastone165
Silent Operator

Post by Gastone165 »

I've loaded several hundred 220 SMK's for my 16" and 9" AAC's with A1680 and been very happy with the results. 11.2 grains has them leaving at around 1040 FPS out of the 16" bbl.
Has anyone tried A1680 with these new Blackoutbullets 220 expanding bullets? I would think since its a 220 grain bullet that close to the SMK, it should work with minor adjustments.