**AAC SPECIAL** 9" BARREL & 51T FLASH HIDER-$299.99!

You can only post guns and ammo for sale or links to guns and ammo here, in the classified section, or in a dealer/manufacturer area.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

subinoob

Re: **AAC SPECIAL** 9" BARREL & 51T FLASH HIDER-$299.99!

Post by subinoob »

I just got mine today and it looks good but will be selling the flash hider because i'm buying a specwar.
BubbaJon
Silent But Deadly

Post by BubbaJon »

FYI - watch those holes - I had a helluva time getting the locator pin in and I destroyed the gas tube rollpin trying to get it in - AFTER freezing the pin and heating the gas block. I think the coating has closed up the hole diameters so I'll be "cleaning" that gas tube hole out before I try again.
TwoNin9r
Silent Operator

Post by TwoNin9r »

BubbaJon wrote:FYI - watch those holes - I had a helluva time getting the locator pin in and I destroyed the gas tube rollpin trying to get it in - AFTER freezing the pin and heating the gas block. I think the coating has closed up the hole diameters so I'll be "cleaning" that gas tube hole out before I try again.
All of the above happened to me. Has to dremel the losing pin down so my barrel nut would clear and I had to prefer new gas tube roll pins
BubbaJon
Silent But Deadly

Post by BubbaJon »

TwoNin9r wrote:All of the above happened to me. Has to dremel the losing pin down so my barrel nut would clear and I had to prefer new gas tube roll pins
LOL - me too. I just could NOT pound that locating pin in far enough so I got out the Dremel and *slowly* ground it down until it was at the same height as the flange. Even then I had to heat the receiver and chill the barrel to get a positive fit - otherwise I couldn't tell if it was properly inserted because of the tightness.
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

mine took some persuasion from the tap it wrench to go in, but it seated all the way with a few good love-taps.

think removing stubborn taper pins from an A2 style front sight base....
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.
beye
Industry Professional

Post by beye »

Just got 10 more of these so if you missed out last time, here's another shot.

http://www.bullseyeindoorrange.com/AAC- ... p_259.html
Jeremy Powell
Bulls-Eye Indoor Range & Gun Shop
221 W Crogan Street
Lawrenceville, GA 30046
Phone: (770) 963-6556 Ext 22
http://www.bullseyeindoorrange.com

E-Mail: [email protected]
Worn
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Worn »

I'm new to 300 Blackout and therefore cannot appreciate what makes this such a super deal. Everyone raves over it though. Like others, I have no use for the flash hider. My only interest is in the barrel.

So tell me, what makes an A.A.C. barrel so much better than others? I recently built an AR pistol and used a 7.5" MPI/HP 1-7 stainless barrel from Ballistic Advantage and it was $190 shipped. Shoots fine.

So what's the Big Deal with this A.A.C. barrel? Or A.A.C. barrels in general? Yes, I know that A.A.C. concocted the 300 BLK, but so what?

Not trying to be a smartass or troll. I just want to learn. What makes this barrel better than similar items from other manufacturers?
My sites:
Constitutionality.us
TakeBackThePower.us
LawsOfGovernment.us
Mrwindow
Silent Operator

Post by Mrwindow »

Worn wrote:I'm new to 300 Blackout and therefore cannot appreciate what makes this such a super deal. Everyone raves over it though. Like others, I have no use for the flash hider. My only interest is in the barrel.

So tell me, what makes an A.A.C. barrel so much better than others? I recently built an AR pistol and used a 7.5" MPI/HP 1-7 stainless barrel from Ballistic Advantage and it was $190 shipped. Shoots fine.

So what's the Big Deal with this A.A.C. barrel? Or A.A.C. barrels in general? Yes, I know that A.A.C. concocted the 300 BLK, but so what?

Not trying to be a smartass or troll. I just want to learn. What makes this barrel better than similar items from other manufacturers?

Both of mine (16" and 9") factory uppers run everything from 245 gr. lead subs to 110gr supers and everything in between like a machine. No hiccups.
I also have a SOTA arms 8" that has given me trouble from day 1, including crappy customer service. Not so with my AAC stuff. YMMV. My.02
logman

Post by logman »

I have the ACC MPW 9 inch and I noticed my barrel actually is stepped just by the gas block. It looks just like the picture of ACC's 9 inch barrel on their site. Could someone tell me that this no step version is new or an older version? Or why this difference between barrels?

Thanks,
Fred
300Blk
Site Admin

Post by 300Blk »

You mean a gas-block shoulder?

Or a step (which to me means a change in profile).

The newer barrels have no shoulder because they are pinned and the barrel is pre-drilled so the shoulder would only cause tolerance issues. I am not aware of any change in profile.