Availible 300 AAC Subsonic 220 Grain Sierra Matchking

You can only post guns and ammo for sale or links to guns and ammo here, in the classified section, or in a dealer/manufacturer area.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Antinimby
Senior Silent Operator

Availible 300 AAC Subsonic 220 Grain Sierra Matchking

Post by Antinimby »

F.O.G. Firearms and Cartridge Company has available and are shipping 300 Blackout Subsonic now. See and order the product at: http://www.fogfirearms.com/collections/300-aac-blackout.
RDA
Silent But Deadly

Re: Availible 300 AAC Subsonic 220 Grain Sierra Matchking

Post by RDA »

Antinimby wrote:F.O.G. Firearms and Cartridge Company has available and are shipping 300 Blackout Subsonic now. See and order the product at: http://www.fogfirearms.com/collections/300-aac-blackout.
Are you a representative of the company or do you have any experience with the round you are promoting?
Antinimby
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Antinimby »

It is my son's company and I help him on occasion. I have done a lot of the test firing so I am fairly familiar with the round.
RDA
Silent But Deadly

Post by RDA »

Antinimby wrote:It is my son's company and I help him on occasion. I have done a lot of the test firing so I am fairly familiar with the round.
Thanks, that would have been good to have been up-front about that with your very first post to this forum. Maybe you can elaborate on your experience, how long this ammo has been produced, typical speed from XX" barrels, etc.
HawkTac

Post by HawkTac »

I just received 200 of these to try. I shot i little over half of them and have not had a single problem with cycling, and I haven't heard one go super yet. Ill get the chronograph out as soon as I can and try to get some pictures of the groups. Initial impressions are very good to me.
Antinimby
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Antinimby »

I personally have loaded for 42 years and have specialized in large bore calibers for African dangerous game. I retired 5 years ago and then got bored with that, so I needed some other way to spend my time. My son is a formally educated gunsmith and machinist from Trinidad College in Colorado and has his own business. That is how we all came together. When he decided to start commercially loading I helped him get set up with the right equipment and a business plan. He now manufactures 21 different calibers and is anticipating a total production of 25 million rounds this year. All of the Nato rounds and 300 Blk are produced on either Camdex or Ammoload automated loading machines. Total services his shop provides are Gunsmithing services, CereKote applications, Ammunition manufacturing, Concealed carry classes and Personal defense and Firearm sales and transfers. He is now working on adding all the different services he offers to the website, that is a huge undertaking and is slow but is coming along. You can look at the site at http://www.fogfirearms.com.

As for the 300 Blk here is what I have found out:
With this load he is selling we are having no cycling issues, I have tested it through:

16 inch Barrel 1014 FPS
10.5 inch Barrel 965 FPS
7.5" Barrel 890 FPS

I have tested many brands of 300 Blk and do quite often run into cycling issues but after he completed this round I think it is as good a 300 Blk round on the market you can buy. Also it is the least expensive subsonic that I can find on the market using quality components. I would say this even if I wasn't his father. The supplys are good and sales are really strong on this product, I anticipate he will be producing this round for some time and I look forward to spending my retirement helping him out between fishing trips.
HawkTac

Post by HawkTac »

Finally got a chance to get to the range to test this ammo further. All accuracy testing was done off of a bench with a 14x scope at 100 yards.
Firearms specs:
Barrel:Hawkeye Tactical 16 inch 1-7 Pistol Length Gas System
Upper receiver:Mega Billet
Lower receiver: Mega Billet AMBI
Handgaurd: Noveske NSR
Trigger: Geiselle SD-E
Stock: Magpul ACS-L

First picture shows the initial 5 shot group which measured 0.892 outside edge to outside edge.

Second group is 5 shots high and left with the other two for getting it centerd up. Didn't measure this one but it is a 1/2 inch grid.

Third and final group for accuracy test is 5 shots.

I also fired 2 10 shot strings through the chronograph and came up with an average velocity of 1024 fps. I had zero FTF/FTE and had BHO everytime the mag was empty(Lancer Mags).

Final thoughts, this ammo out did my expectations! It's cheap, accurate and reliable. I have already ordered more.
Antinimby
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Antinimby »

Hawk Tac real glad to see the ammo performed well for you. Your order is already shipped and let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.
SwissyJim
Silent But Deadly

Post by SwissyJim »

Saw the email (did I sign up somewhere? so many pages, so little memory... LOL)

Wish I could partake, but I doubt the free shipping counts to Alaska 8)
Look good to go tho.
"you can never have too may guns" - my wife's comment
Antinimby
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Antinimby »

Sorry you guys in Alaska have it tough, so expensive to ship to you. I talked to a guy in my shop the other day from Anchorage and he said he is having all sorts of problems getting reloading supplies. I sent him home with an armload of product. There has to be some sort of payment for living in the best State for hunting and fishing, sorry that it is in supplies.
Have a great hunting season!