Ruger Blackout Stock Exchange

You can only post guns and ammo for sale or links to guns and ammo here, in the classified section, or in a dealer/manufacturer area.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

vetman
Senior Silent Operator

Ruger Blackout Stock Exchange

Post by vetman »

I want to buy one of the Ruger 300 Blackout, but I cannot get over the brown stock. Could I possibly get a Ruger American black stock made for another caliber that would fit the 300 Blackout action?

Any suggestions?
Piep
Silent But Deadly

Re: Ruger Blackout Stock Exchange

Post by Piep »

Paint the brown one that came with it.
A custom job would look good and be what you want.
There's a time for compromise. It's called later.

Politically Correct;
A term used for Whiny, overly sensitive Pansies
who need everything Sugar- Coated for them.
Sharkbite
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sharkbite »

I agree. Custom paint that gun and personalize it!!!
MosquitoArms
Silent But Deadly

Post by MosquitoArms »

I've been staring at side-by-side pix of the RAR & RARR. The stock look identical, but that could be because it was reduced in size by CAD.
But, my money is on them being the same. Call RUGER on Monday and confirm (same part number...errr..except for color), and I'm sure you can order a black stock for about $60.
I'm sure your Flat Dark Earth one would sell REALLY quick on eBay if you let people know that Ruger confirmed they were the same and therefore an 'upgrade' for RAR's with black stocks :lol:
vetman
Senior Silent Operator

Post by vetman »

Does anyone know if the magazines for the Ruger American Series are the same external dimensions for different calibers? I would think that the internal dimensions would have to be different for different calibers, but if the external dimensions are the same then I know I would not have to get a 300 Blackout specific stock.

My second thought is as others suggested just paint or dip the stock camoflauge which my son would love.

Has anyone found the Blackout model in stock? Youth season opens in 3 weeks and the Ranch model would be for my son.

Why did I wait so long to get my son a gun? Please, please ask me why. Over 8 months ago I bought a Handi-rifle in 300 Blackout. From day one it would not fire and since then has been sent back and still has not been returned.

So, I bought him a 300 Blackout Micro 7. It too has about a 20% failure to fire ratio when shooting factory loaded ammunintion of various types. Not exactly what you want to have happen in your son's hunting rifle. Yesterday, off of a solid rest it would not shoot any type of accuracy with Supersonic ammuntion both factory and ladder loaded reloaded Nosler ballistic tips.

So, therefore I am thoroughly aggravated beyond what I should write on this forum with my purchases to date. My son lives to hunt and this is the first season that I planned to allow him to shoot a deer. What a struggle.
Whole Bunches
Silent But Deadly

Post by Whole Bunches »

vetman wrote:Does anyone know if the magazines for the Ruger American Series are the same external dimensions for different calibers? I would think that the internal dimensions would have to be different for different calibers, but if the external dimensions are the same then I know I would not have to get a 300 Blackout specific stock.

My second thought is as others suggested just paint or dip the stock camoflauge which my son would love.

Has anyone found the Blackout model in stock? Youth season opens in 3 weeks and the Ranch model would be for my son.

Why did I wait so long to get my son a gun? Please, please ask me why. Over 8 months ago I bought a Handi-rifle in 300 Blackout. From day one it would not fire and since then has been sent back and still has not been returned.

So, I bought him a 300 Blackout Micro 7. It too has about a 20% failure to fire ratio when shooting factory loaded ammunintion of various types. Not exactly what you want to have happen in your son's hunting rifle. Yesterday, off of a solid rest it would not shoot any type of accuracy with Supersonic ammuntion both factory and ladder loaded reloaded Nosler ballistic tips.

So, therefore I am thoroughly aggravated beyond what I should write on this forum with my purchases to date. My son lives to hunt and this is the first season that I planned to allow him to shoot a deer. What a struggle.
My Micro7 also suffered from failures to fire (but only about 3%). I was using harder military type primers designed for 5.56 chambered AR's. I switched to CCI #400's and no further failures to fire (also fixed my Rem M700 300BLK failure to fire problem). With the Nosler 125gr BT, I found the following to shoot the best: formed brass, no crimp, 18.7gr H110, OAL of 2.1". The OAL seemed important in mine for accuracy. Also, only size the case enough to be between the max and min case headspace. Too much sizing below min case headspace (I use the Sheridan cartridge gage to set up my dies) can cause the case to lie deeper in the chamber making it harder for the firing pin to hit the primer real good.

A self identified bench rest competitor saw me shooting my Micro7, came over, and said I hope you don't mind some advice. He said I was "putting too much of myself" into shooting that lightweight rifle...I was squeezing it too much. Said only hold the fore end with my thumb and first finger...only just gentle enough to hold the crosshair on the target and to barely grip the grip with my trigger hand so as to not pull the stock hard into my shoulder; let it recoil naturally...it won't hurt. Well, I fired the smallest groups I'd ever shot with the Micro7 that day: 1" 5 shots at 100yd. Prior to that, most of the time 1 1/2" was the best, and that wasn't every group.
hyrulejedi86
Silent Operator

Post by hyrulejedi86 »

Has anyone found any updates about this? I'm looking at the RAR 300 BLK and want to get a Boyds stock for it. I figured the 223 RAR stock would fit the 300 BLK RAR as they should be the same gun except for the barrel.

What do you guys think?
300Blk
Site Admin

Post by 300Blk »

If you want the Ruger, I would just accept the stock color. Firearms are best left unmodified, I have come to learn. I wish I learned it much earlier.
jwb47
Silent But Deadly

Post by jwb47 »

300Blk wrote:If you want the Ruger, I would just accept the stock color. Firearms are best left unmodified, I have come to learn. I wish I learned it much earlier.

there is no way I could purchase anything and not tweak it . I am a tim allen disciple. I have the binford 2000 genetic make up . 8)

my work shop.
300Blk
Site Admin

Post by 300Blk »

I always see Foose taking classic cars and putting his spin on them. He took a Porshe 356 and decided that the rear window was too large, so he grafted in a VW Bug rear window. The car looked nice when done, but it would have been nice with the original window, wheels, and bumpers too.