New! The S.I.A. "Trecenti" 300 BLK integral suppressor

You can only post guns and ammo for sale or links to guns and ammo here, in the classified section, or in a dealer/manufacturer area.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Richard/SIA

New! The S.I.A. "Trecenti" 300 BLK integral suppressor

Post by Richard/SIA »

Got the first unit not only completed but also into the hands of unbiased shooters!
More are in production.

Typical comments were along the line of "I've used office staplers that were louder than this!"
One shooter thought she was getting double taps, she heard the bolt cycle in both directions, but did not hear the shot.
With sub-sonic loads the Trecenti is very nearly as quiet as one of my De Lisle's, except that the AR-15 platform is a "clink-clank" gas operated action.
Shot report is on par with closing the action on an empty chamber, or casual conversation when using sub-sonic ammunition.

These are simple systems, no exotic materials or overly complex parts are used, but they are quite effective.

The "Trecenti" 300 BLK requires a few minor construction differences from strait blow-back designs such as 9mm due to the need for a gas system.
It uses an S.I.A. design integral gas block and tube base to reduce overall length.
Once installed it is normally "Blind pinned" in place to keep it a single tax stamp design.
Two stamp versions are available as an option.
The gas port is adjustable to tune the action for your ammunition, or turn it "Off" to eliminate bolt cycling noise.

The 300 BLK barrel itself is not ported in order to ensure reliable function at 8.2".
Instead a short extension is ported ahead of the support bushing.

Baffles are the same hard anodized aluminum "Step Cone" type as I use in my other models with a reduced aperture for .30 caliber.
The end cap unscrews so the baffles are easy to remove for cleaning.

The integral design has the advantage of providing plentiful internal volume without the need for excessive overall length.
The barrel and integrated tube assembly are 18.50" long.

Supersonic ammunition may be shot but the gas port must be turned down first.
I would recommend removing the baffles to extend their useful life, this integral design is intended for suppressed use with sub-sonic ammunition.

Uppers and lowers are billet 7075 aluminum CNC items from New Frontier Armory with many advanced features not provided on regular production actions.
I strive to avoid imported components, as many parts as possible are made right here in Nevada, USA.

AR-15 "Trecenti" 300 BLK flat-top upper from $900.00 depending on rails used and if I supply the bolt.
Complete "Trecenti" 300 BLK guns are available from $2,100.00 introductory price.
That version uses a light and comfortable free-float tube.
I can install any tube or quad-rail the customer will supply at no additional charge.
Red-Dot sight not included.
One magazine is included with a complete firearm.

http://www.specialinterestarms.com/index.php?page=nfa
At these prices I want my gas 100 octane, leaded, and my windshield washed!
Piep
Silent But Deadly

Re: New! The S.I.A. "Trecenti" 300 BLK integral suppressor

Post by Piep »

This looks interesting..
There's a time for compromise. It's called later.

Politically Correct;
A term used for Whiny, overly sensitive Pansies
who need everything Sugar- Coated for them.
DoubleJ
Silent But Deadly

Post by DoubleJ »

Have you compared it to a Leonidas yet?
I do not reply to posts with horrific grammar errors.

I do not reply to posts concerning the case mouth dent.
Richard/SIA

Post by Richard/SIA »

Have not had that opportunity as I do not know anyone who owns one.

Everyone who has handled the Trecenti has been impressed with the performance.
Will try to get it metered ASAP.
yondering
Silent But Deadly

Post by yondering »

OK, I'm interested.

If this can just uses step-cone baffles, what design features make it so much quieter than others? Your comments make it sound like this is about as quiet as a suppressed 10/22 with subsonics, but I've never heard a suppressed 300 Blk (semi-auto) that's anywhere near that quiet, certainly not even close to the point that you don't hear the shot over the action noise. (Suppressed bolt gun with quiet loads is a different story, of course.) Am I reading too much into it, or is your suppressor really that quiet?
Richard/SIA

Post by Richard/SIA »

yondering wrote:OK, I'm interested.

If this can just uses step-cone baffles, what design features make it so much quieter than others? Your comments make it sound like this is about as quiet as a suppressed 10/22 with subsonics, but I've never heard a suppressed 300 Blk (semi-auto) that's anywhere near that quiet, certainly not even close to the point that you don't hear the shot over the action noise. (Suppressed bolt gun with quiet loads is a different story, of course.) Am I reading too much into it, or is your suppressor really that quiet?
Where are you located?
I am seeking opportunities to demo this design to the public.
With sub-sonic ammunition I really need for more folk to hear it in person to gather additional responses.
Video just cannot replicate the sound well enough.

I do not know the internal details of other companies 300 BLK designs, these stand on their own.
I've made the KISS principle a guiding criteria, so there is nothing earth shattering for the technology.
The Trecenti uses a moderate size expansion chamber which is separated from the baffle stack.
Several ports bleed pressure into the expansion chamber before the first baffle.
The step-cone baffles appear very simple but are the result of a lot of testing to refine their details regards angles and edges of the steps.
Volume is our friend when designing suppressors, as an integral unit the Trecenti has a lot of volume available.

The shooter may not hear the shot over the action noise, those standing nearby will probably find the shot audible if they are paying attention, but very mild.
rpk47
Silent But Deadly

Post by rpk47 »

How much does it weigh? From what you have described that thing sounds like it would feel like a brick. 18.5 total length with 8.2 barrel, so a good 10 inches hanging off the front of stepped cone baffles, and it's not even able to handle full power loads? Tell me I'm missing something here??? I don't see $900 for an upper even if it is uber quiet.
Sharkbite
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sharkbite »

OP, where in Nevada are you? I travel to the Vegas area frequently (family still lives there). I would be interested in looking your product over and doing an eval on it.

I can email you my credentials/resume and you decide if im qualified for that 8)
Richard/SIA

Post by Richard/SIA »

Current host lower is exceptionally heavy due to an adjustable target stock,
Will get weight once I put a standard lower back on.
So far no one has found the weight or balance objectionable.

I am in Gardnerville, fifty miles south of Reno, fifteen miles east of Lake Tahoe.
Only fifteen miles from the state capitol in Carson City.
And about four hundred miles north of Las Vegas. :!:

Might make the trip down to SAR in December if there would be a good venue to demonstrate my products there.
Recent SAR shows have not had any live fire demo that I was able to attend.
I think they used to do live fire before the show several years ago.

Should have more ammo in a couple of days, anyone who wants to have a listen can have it almost any day.
Also keeping a 9mm version on hand to demo.

Email me to make an appointment.
[email protected]

Here is a link to a short video from GBR-IX where the Trecenti was first revealed to the public.
Another windy Nevada day so the vid is not great.
http://smallestminority.blogspot.com/20 ... e-day.html
yondering
Silent But Deadly

Post by yondering »

Richard/SIA wrote:
yondering wrote:OK, I'm interested.

Where are you located?
I am seeking opportunities to demo this design to the public.
With sub-sonic ammunition I really need for more folk to hear it in person to gather additional responses.
Video just cannot replicate the sound well enough.

I do not know the internal details of other companies 300 BLK designs, these stand on their own.
I've made the KISS principle a guiding criteria, so there is nothing earth shattering for the technology.
The Trecenti uses a moderate size expansion chamber which is separated from the baffle stack.
Several ports bleed pressure into the expansion chamber before the first baffle.
The step-cone baffles appear very simple but are the result of a lot of testing to refine their details regards angles and edges of the steps.
Volume is our friend when designing suppressors, as an integral unit the Trecenti has a lot of volume available.

The shooter may not hear the shot over the action noise, those standing nearby will probably find the shot audible if they are paying attention, but very mild.
I'd love to hear it in person, you're right about videos not capturing the sound well. I'm in NW Washington state though, kinda far from Nevada.

Thanks for the explanation. The expansion chamber and ports sound like a good idea. Does it have much first round pop?
Can you tell me how many baffles it has in that 10" of suppressor?