Are You Interested In a New Bullet

You can only post guns and ammo for sale or links to guns and ammo here, in the classified section, or in a dealer/manufacturer area.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

My ideal weight in for a Supersonic loaded Maximum Expansion Bullet by Lehigh Defense?

Poll ended at Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:41 pm

150 grain weight
66%
155 grain weight
10%
160 grain weight
2%
165 grain weight
17%
170 grain weight
5%

Total votes: 58

BlogSarge
Silent But Deadly

Re: Are You Interested In a New Bullet

Post by BlogSarge »

300Blk wrote:Yes, I would like a 100 grain also. I just don't know how to do it with that bullet.

How would you make the 110 grain lighter without making it shorter?

The 120 grain came out because there are those who wanted more penetration for hunting.

I've been getting more than enough penetration on whitetauils with the 110gr blacktip so more is excess for me. But my rifles seem to like the 125gr weight better for accuracy and others have complained about the 110 blacktip's lack of precisiion. Maybe we'll get a bit tighter grouping with the 120 gr blacktip. I'd be happy with that.
300Blk
Site Admin

Post by 300Blk »

Well with any new gun it is good to try a selection of ammunition and see which one your gun likes. This is especially true for 22lr.
BlogSarge
Silent But Deadly

Post by BlogSarge »

300Blk wrote:Well with any new gun it is good to try a selection of ammunition and see which one your gun likes. This is especially true for 22lr.
Amen to that. Mine likes the 125 gr for tight groups but I like the blacktips for what they do upon impact. I'm hoping for the best of both worlds with a 120 gr blacktip. Of course, I have several hundred 110 gr factory loads stockpiled already!
Mako181
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Mako181 »

I was fortunate on opening day to get a small buck and decided to use Factory Barnes 110s. Yes they work, in my situation that day I believe that the bullet saved my bacon allowing me to recover my deer. I made a big error when taking an @ 8-10 yard shot - I did not compensate for how low the bullet would hit so I missed the boiler room.

Here is the link: viewtopic.php?f=145&t=91704

This situation still doesn't negate my desire for a "Reliable Heavier Bullet" for the 300 Black. Or the Wilson 7.62x40. I do believe that I will change my desired weight down to a 150 gr from my original 155 gr. I am still looking for a box of the Barnes 150s for the 30-30 and want to give them a try.
Setxwarrior
Silent But Deadly

Post by Setxwarrior »

Justanothergunguy wrote:I didn't vote because I want something in the 125 grain range for close to the same POI as my 125 SMK and 125 SPH. Sorry, the 150 grain just doesn't do it for me.

I only commented because of your post about views vs replys.
+1

Both my 9" and 16" suppressed guns are sighted in for 125gr SST's @ 100yds (plinking and current hunting projectile). Hunting with same gr, close to or same velocity would mean less variance in sight picture to accommodate.
UtahYoteCaller
Silent Operator

Post by UtahYoteCaller »

What we all really need is the perfect .300blk formulated powder. This could potentially eliminate most all problems with existing projectiles on the market. I want a bullet that travels fast and is somewhat flat in trajectory. I think the caliber has a lot more potential than what we are currently working with.
Joshua
Hand calling is an art that doesn't involve any electronics.