220 grain bullets for reloading

You can only post guns and ammo for sale or links to guns and ammo here, in the classified section, or in a dealer/manufacturer area.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

blackoutbullets

220 grain bullets for reloading

Post by blackoutbullets »

I have new 220 grain bullets for reloading. These are jacketed with a pure lead core. Expanding bullets will be also available soon.
Thanks.
www.Blackoutbullets.com
vz58
Silent But Deadly

Re: 220 grain bullets for reloading

Post by vz58 »

blackoutbullets wrote:I have new 220 grain bullets for reloading. These are jacketed with a pure lead core. Expanding bullets will be also available soon.
Thanks.
http://www.Blackoutbullets.com

I had a sample of these early on and they were quite nice.
Badfinger
Silent But Deadly

Post by Badfinger »

Wow, I placed an order for 100 of 220 gr soft points on Wednesday and they were delivered Saturday with a gift sample of the FMJ 220's. I like the flat base and I loaded some and shot them on steel at 100 yds and I'm very pleased. I loaded 10.5 grs of IMR 4227 and shot them in 16" Rainier 5R 1X8.5 twist barrel, 10 of them smashed into one grey glob at about 1.5 MOA while casually shooting off my table with a bipod. Same POI for both bullets and they appear to be equal in accuracy. I'm sure they'll do better off a rear bag. These are my new bullets :lol:
Whole Bunches
Silent But Deadly

Post by Whole Bunches »

blackoutbullets wrote:I have new 220 grain bullets for reloading. These are jacketed with a pure lead core. Expanding bullets will be also available soon.
Thanks.
http://www.Blackoutbullets.com
Are the 220gr exposed lead tip bullets on the web site today the "expanding bullets" you mentioned above, or is there another bullet that "will be also available soon" that will expand at subsonic velocities?
blackoutbullets

Thanks for the great review, I'm glad they worked well for you. If it's in stock they will ship the same day.
No the lead tips do not expand at subsonic velocities, I will let you know when they are in stock.
gbuddyjoe

Post by gbuddyjoe »

I am about to order up some of these to try out, do you provide any load data, or is there a source for load data on these?

Just wondering what you recommend.
blackoutbullets

I personally use the load data for 220 grain SMK. They come out on the chronograph the same. Just use usual precautions and work up your load and check for signs of over pressure. I believe someone already posted what their load data was for these bullets.
RDA
Silent But Deadly

Post by RDA »

What exactly is the difference between the full jacketed and the lead tip (besides the obvious)? Why would one select one type over the other?
blackoutbullets

No difference they both perform the same, some people just like pointy bullets. Also easily recognized as subsonic even if they are mixed with your other ammunition.
RDA
Silent But Deadly

Post by RDA »

blackoutbullets wrote:No difference they both perform the same, some people just like pointy bullets. Also easily recognized as subsonic even if they are mixed with your other ammunition.
Ok. I try to avoid mixing ammunition :-)

So, both feed the same in the AR15 platform? Is there any accuracy difference?