Ruger Joins the Growing List of 300BLK Manufacturers

You can only post guns and ammo for sale or links to guns and ammo here, in the classified section, or in a dealer/manufacturer area.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

MosquitoArms
Silent But Deadly

Re: Ruger Joins the Growing List of 300BLK Manufacturers

Post by MosquitoArms »

I presume that you'd have to get a stock from another short-action...which is only the Ranch editions right now. Maybe the 5.56x45 / .223 Ranch edition(s) will have the black stock...then it's just a matter of trading or buying.

Plus, with the popularity of the Ruger American series, I can imagine that Hogue and other stock manufacturers will give you options.
Though, I REALLY like the Ruger American's "stock options"..lol. It has an amazing bedding system which allows the barrel to be free-floated, a great buttstock & grip padding (both hands) and even finger grooves up front!

Ruger has bred a winner here. It has gone to the top of my want list, and that's saying something ;P
JoeHarley13
Silent But Deadly

Post by JoeHarley13 »

FDE stock is perfect for me since I did my 300 BLK AR with FDE furniture and have designated FDE mags as 300 BLK only! :P My FDE Pmags have had the inside ribs slightly filed down to aid in feeding reloads (that use non 300 BLK profile specific bullets).

I'll probably jump on the bandwagon and get one if pricing comes in under $375. Much more than that, and it will be a tough call between it and the Remington 700.
USBP379
Silent But Deadly

Post by USBP379 »

Here's Jeff Quinn's nice little review:

http://www.gunblast.com/Ruger-AmericanRR.htm
Whole Bunches
Silent But Deadly

Post by Whole Bunches »

My dealer has ordered one for me, but I'm not gonna hold my breath! Been holding my breath for the American Rifle Predator model in .308 for a few months now.
USBP379
Silent But Deadly

Post by USBP379 »

Whole Bunches wrote:My dealer has ordered one for me, but I'm not gonna hold my breath! Been holding my breath for the American Rifle Predator model in .308 for a few months now.
The 308's have been shipping for awhile but they seem to be selling well so the chances of finding one "at the right time" are probably zero.

Here's one on gunbroker:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =441126579
Elkins45

Post by Elkins45 »

I may get one eventually, but I'm going to hold out in hopes that the newly announced left handed Americans will eventually be chambered in 300 BLK.
MosquitoArms
Silent But Deadly

Post by MosquitoArms »

Yah, Ruger is putting them out there, but they are POPULAR!! A .308 with threaded muzzle and free-floated, CHF barrel!!! For how much??? Exactly.
But, knowing Ruger, they are churning them out and the market (GunBroker 'neckbeards") will saturate soon enough.
Bugspray
Silent Operator

Post by Bugspray »

if i see one in a gun store it would be hard to resist, but id rather wait til they chamber a Ruger scout rifle in 300 blk. I would be first in line.
wlc
Senior Silent Operator

Post by wlc »

Anyone seen one of these in the wild yet? I'd probably ditch my AR upper for one of these.
cwlongshot
Silent But Deadly

Post by cwlongshot »

I was just at my dealer today.

I got a price of 369.99 and says he hopes to see them within a month.

I have it on deposit! :)

Dies have been ordered and I picked up three boxes of factory ammo to get me started.

I hope its not a long wait. :shock:

CW
A Bolt, Single Shot and a few M$Rs

Join me on RUMBLE! Https://rumble.com/user/cwlongshot

https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

I PROUDLY SUPPORT LAW ENFORCEMENT & OUR TROOPS