Dolos AR15 Quick detach barrel / Law tactical folding stock

You can only post guns and ammo for sale or links to guns and ammo here, in the classified section, or in a dealer/manufacturer area.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

blkgunlvr
Senior Silent Operator

Re: Dolos AR15 Quick detach barrel / Law tactical folding st

Post by blkgunlvr »

I received my two Dolos systems and extra handguard from Copper Customs last week. Put the systems on both of my 9" blackout pistols, shot them for return to zero over the weekend at 25 yards with both subs and supers through my 762 SDN6 with excellent results. I had trouble locating my spare gas tube to set up the DPMS 11.5" 5.56 barrel for the extra handguard, finally found it this evening and got that barrel mounted up and just function fired it 4 rounds through my Mini-4 (that short barrel sure made a nice fireball in the dark Idaho night!) Too late to shoot for accuracy, will have to do that tomorrow after work. The system is solid, mounts and unmounts with a simple twist and the ability to caliber swap is the bomb! I do wish it locked up somehow, because it is very easy to unlock the system if you aren't continuously conscious of the simple twist. As a matter of fact, while showing the system off to some people this weekend, it unlatched several times when they grasped it by the handguard when handed over. Now that it's all set up, I plan to mark drill and mount Magpull angle grips to the bottom of at least two of the three and maybe all three.
randyrucker
Silent But Deadly

Post by randyrucker »

I was thinking of ordering the Law tactical folding stock cause it just looks cool. I emailed the company and asked if it would work ok with my JP Silent Spring System. They said:

"Unfortunately it is not compatible.

-Law Tactical"

I don't know why, but I'm not going to give up my JP Silent Spring to get it.
franch1se82

Post by franch1se82 »

I saw the same video YouTube. This was my inspiration to build a new ar pistol with an sb15, chambered in 300 blk... my dolos should be waiting for me when I get home. And the law - tactical folding stock piece should ship soon.
Zapp
Silent But Deadly

Post by Zapp »

franch1se82 wrote:I saw the same video YouTube. This was my inspiration to build a new ar pistol with an sb15, chambered in 300 blk... my dolos should be waiting for me when I get home. And the law - tactical folding stock piece should ship soon.
Whenever I come look in this new products section, it gets expensive for me. This Dolos quick change barrel setup is very interesting. And so is that folding stock.

I just got a Winchester 1894 takedown version that looks to function similar. Slide it in, twist 90 degrees to seat. Very clever design.
franch1se82

Post by franch1se82 »

If anyone is looking. Griffon industries has them available on their website. It's $10 more ar 229 but shipping is cheaper at $5... ended up costing $5 more than lawtactical had...

Hope this helps someone. I just ordered mine and they did say that they were available to be shipped.
tfbit
Silent But Deadly

Post by tfbit »

Thanks a lot :(

Just ordered everything to LAW/KAK/Sig my pistol build thanks to you. Expect a phone call from my wife.
franch1se82 wrote:If anyone is looking. Griffon industries has them available on their website. It's $10 more ar 229 but shipping is cheaper at $5... ended up costing $5 more than lawtactical had...

Hope this helps someone. I just ordered mine and they did say that they were available to be shipped.
No matter what you read on the intarweb CCI450s and CCI41s ARE NOT BALLISTICALLY IDENTICAL with H110! I'm also not a intarweb lawyer so I don't argue with anyone who is.
franch1se82

Post by franch1se82 »

that's quite similar to my build ...

Sig Brace, KAK Buffer tube, Dolos QB Adapter, Law Tactical folding Adapter.