Announcing - the new 300 BLK UMC - 120 grain.

You can only post guns and ammo for sale or links to guns and ammo here, in the classified section, or in a dealer/manufacturer area.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

300Blk
Site Admin

Re: Announcing - the new 300 BLK UMC - 120 grain.

Post by 300Blk »

You won't see more AccuTip this year. It was very good, but was not cheaper than the BlackTip - which I think is better. It will be nice when it comes back, but just as well to have the brass redirected to other loads until the brass shortage is over.
700PSS
Elite Member

Post by 700PSS »

300Blk wrote:You won't see more AccuTip this year. It was very good, but was not cheaper than the BlackTip - which I think is better. It will be nice when it comes back, but just as well to have the brass redirected to other loads until the brass shortage is over.
True. That would make sense. 8)
"Common sense should be rebranded as uncommon practical knowledge of things you should know.”-nolwark76
nolwark76
Silent But Deadly

Post by nolwark76 »

Better in what way? Reliability is going to be the same obviously. Does the black tip win for accuracy or energy at distance? I assume it would win for expanding at a lower velocity and therefore its effective range for two or four legged targets is further. If this is the case, is there any reason to bring it back at all?

Back to this round- Is Barnes/Remington going to do scheduled runs of this to keep it stocked up? Hopefully they are planning on it to sell well and make it a regularly scheduled run. I would hate for them to do a few runs and sell out of it only to have new and established BLK fans feel abandoned again.

Not that we ever were abandoned but a lot of people felt that way. Here's hoping they can be profitable, keep it in stock, and eventually produce components.
300Blk
Site Admin

Post by 300Blk »

nolwark76 wrote:Better in what way? Reliability is going to be the same obviously. Does the black tip win for accuracy or energy at distance? I assume it would win for expanding at a lower velocity and therefore its effective range for two or four legged targets is further. If this is the case, is there any reason to bring it back at all?
Better in terminal effects. Better in expanding at greater ranges. Better at intermediate barrier penetration. The reason to bring the AccuTip back at all is to give people a choice. What if your specific rifle is more accurate with one vs the other? What if you are set in your ways and only like lead bullets? What if you falsely believe that 110 grains is "too light?"
nolwark76 wrote:Back to this round- Is Barnes/Remington going to do scheduled runs of this to keep it stocked up? Hopefully they are planning on it to sell well and make it a regularly scheduled run. I would hate for them to do a few runs and sell out of it only to have new and established BLK fans feel abandoned again.

The new UMC will be in continuous production (always being made weekly or monthly).
nolwark76
Silent But Deadly

Post by nolwark76 »

Can't get an answer any clearer or faster than that! EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!!!
Omega
Silent But Deadly

Post by Omega »

300Blk wrote:
nolwark76 wrote:Back to this round- Is Barnes/Remington going to do scheduled runs of this to keep it stocked up? Hopefully they are planning on it to sell well and make it a regularly scheduled run. I would hate for them to do a few runs and sell out of it only to have new and established BLK fans feel abandoned again.

The new UMC will be in continuous production (always being made weekly or monthly).
While I believe you, only time will tell if this is true. I think this will depend on sales and profits, and whether any other players come out with a cheaper plinking round that take a bite of the profits.
"Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it."
~Pericles~
nolwark76
Silent But Deadly

Post by nolwark76 »

If its domestic, reliable, and in the 110-130 grain range I would support it too. With the premium features of this UMC, there certainly has to be room for this. I appreciate the features, will buy what I can, but don't need those features (but I'm not Silvers- maybe I do!).

If its foreign, steel cased, not 100% reliable, or above 130 grain, I'm not interested. I want the light bullets so it will not be that far off my highend factory and handload rounds.
300Blk
Site Admin

Post by 300Blk »

Omega wrote:While I believe you, only time will tell if this is true. I think this will depend on sales and profits, and whether any other players come out with a cheaper plinking round that take a bite of the profits.
If someone came out with $9 a box steel-cased 300 BLK, Remington would still sell every round of this new UMC that could be loaded because this is going to be better than anything else under $20 a box. But yet the market will also want cheaper stuff as well.
Omega
Silent But Deadly

Post by Omega »

300Blk wrote:
Omega wrote:While I believe you, only time will tell if this is true. I think this will depend on sales and profits, and whether any other players come out with a cheaper plinking round that take a bite of the profits.
If someone came out with $9 a box steel-cased 300 BLK, Remington would still sell every round of this new UMC that could be loaded because this is going to be better than anything else under $20 a box. But yet the market will also want cheaper stuff as well.
I would not worry about any steel cased ammo, even at that price point. Many people refuse to use it no matter how cheap it is. It's the brass cased $12 to $16 non reload ammo I would worry about. If a company like say Winchester were to put out a 115 to 125 offering in that price range it would definitely put a dent in sales of Remington/Barnes 120gr bullets. We are just now getting to the point where ammo is starting to be available on the shelves in most lgs and other retailers. So unless another major event like say what is happening out in MO spurs another run on ammo its going to be tough selling a more expensive round when a cheaper one is available.
"Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it."
~Pericles~
300Blk
Site Admin

Post by 300Blk »

I would welcome it. Not worried. I hope it happens.

It would just expand the user base of guns and create a bigger pie.