Announcing - the new 300 BLK UMC - 120 grain.

You can only post guns and ammo for sale or links to guns and ammo here, in the classified section, or in a dealer/manufacturer area.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

700PSS
Elite Member

Re: Announcing - the new 300 BLK UMC - 120 grain.

Post by 700PSS »

Scardog7 wrote:. . . Or, just shorten the copper nose until it can hold its nose firmly. But what do I knows.
The overall length and profile were necessary for optimum reliability in most rifles and magazines.
"Common sense should be rebranded as uncommon practical knowledge of things you should know.”-nolwark76
300Blk
Site Admin

Post by 300Blk »

700PSS wrote:Just saying...It shouldn't take this long or cost so much more to simply add 5 grains more lead to the hollow nose cavity of the previous bullet profile. I can't believe the solution was ultimately that simple, yet so time consuming and costly. I can't see 5 grains of additional lead accounting for the significantly higher cost of the new product.There. I'm done now.
We always knew that we could have added weight and solved the problem. We tried very very hard to find a solution that didn't add weight, and each one of those development efforts didn't pan out. The cost is not related to the extra lead, of course.
700PSS
Elite Member

Post by 700PSS »

300Blk wrote:
Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:50 pm...They made it a month ago, and it has been in stock for a week now. See my previous post:
The Remington warehouse has a lot of this 120 grain in stock now. So the only thing keeping it unavailable is dealers not knowing to order it.
That being said, we still have to wait for dealers to order it, and then for them to receive it.

In my experience, the distribution system takes a while to get primed and regular.
You guys won't believe this.

Here is what my LGS told me this morning:
"I can't find a distributor who even has a listing for it."

I replied:
"I would tell them to have their employee who is the direct contact to Remington REACH OUT to Remington or the Remington Rep. assigned to them and give them this information:

Index number: L300AAC1
Order number: 21421
Weight: 120 grains
UPC code: 47070 2
UPC case code: 47071 9

A passive approach on their part of waiting around for things to happen is not effective. You have to MAKE things happen. If I can help in any way (leaving your name out of it) I would be glad to make those calls. Please let me know.

Thanks."

BLK? No wonder Remington is a failing business. Do you know how expensive and wasteful it is to run that much product, let it sit in costly storage and wait indefinitely to inform customers it is there to order? That is a sign of an ultimate, dumb f**k business model. :x
"Common sense should be rebranded as uncommon practical knowledge of things you should know.”-nolwark76
hunter2
Silent But Deadly

Post by hunter2 »

:shock: Not really shocked but it makes you wonder. An old fellow in Wyoming once told me that there is a limit to genius--- but stupidity never ...................................................................................................................................................
WHA1949
Silent Operator

Post by WHA1949 »

These will show up on dealers shelves about the same time as the Noveske glow in the dark ammo.
300Blk
Site Admin

Post by 300Blk »

This is actually in stock. It just has to make its way through distribution channels.
700PSS
Elite Member

Post by 700PSS »

300Blk wrote:This is actually in stock. It just has to make its way through distribution channels.
Thus the problem. There is no apparent "way" being made. :roll:
themonk
Senior Silent Operator

Post by themonk »

All new ammo go through this process. It is what it is.
lupy123
Silent But Deadly

Post by lupy123 »

300Blk wrote:This is actually in stock. It just has to make its way through distribution channels.
Can you show us a picture of it sitting in the warehouse? Also, when is the military going to adopt the 300 blackout like you stated last year?
300Blk
Site Admin

Post by 300Blk »

I would if I were there.