Announcing - the new 300 BLK UMC - 120 grain.

You can only post guns and ammo for sale or links to guns and ammo here, in the classified section, or in a dealer/manufacturer area.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

700PSS
Elite Member

Re: Announcing - the new 300 BLK UMC - 120 grain.

Post by 700PSS »

"The Continuing Saga of the Legendary 300 AAC BLACKOUT." Damn our luck. :evil: We just can't seem to win, for losing. :roll:
"Common sense should be rebranded as uncommon practical knowledge of things you should know.”-nolwark76
rimshaker
Silent But Deadly

Post by rimshaker »

I know 300 BLK has only been officially out a few years, but the last thing I expected was way higher prices than 556 (and harder to find) by now.

Part of the logic and allure was that the world is already awash in 556 brass, so getting 300 BLK ammo wouldn't be an issue.... sigh.
300Blk
Site Admin

Post by 300Blk »

This is in a UMC box, but it is a Barnes OTM bullet, Barnes brass, loaded at Barnes, etc. It is a bargain in that in another box, this would be $25 - but true - there needs to be a lower-level plinking round also. I have hope for the Shot Show.
jryock
Silent But Deadly

Post by jryock »

I'm sticking with my order. It is still a reasonable price for a factory load with quality brass for reloading. If it were Brownells, BassPro, Cabelas, etc... I would be out for blood...
300Blk wrote:This is in a UMC box, but it is a Barnes OTM bullet, Barnes brass, loaded at Barnes, etc. It is a bargain in that in another box, this would be $25 - but true - there needs to be a lower-level plinking round also. I have hope for the Shot Show.
I see a lot of stuff coming out of Gorilla Ammunition. Their sister company, PCP Ammuntion, was in on that USSOCOM RFP for subsonic ammunition. You hearing any chatter about polymer 300BLK?
300Blk
Site Admin

Post by 300Blk »

If there were plastic 300 BLK, it would not be cheaper, so I think it would only be interesting to the government who wants weight savings.
700PSS
Elite Member

Post by 700PSS »

Barnes really shines. 8) They are a real, stand-up business. It is a pleasure to associate with them in any way I can. (Please don't tell Remington, though. I don't want Barnes to be ruined the way the other FG companies have been.)

As for Cromwell's...I would not do business with someone that treats people the way they have. Even though their concession offer was still a relatively competitive price, I don't play ball with cheaters. :x
"Common sense should be rebranded as uncommon practical knowledge of things you should know.”-nolwark76
RDA
Silent But Deadly

Post by RDA »

700PSS wrote:Barnes really shines. 8) They are a real, stand-up business. It is a pleasure to associate with them in any way I can. (Please don't tell Remington, though. I don't want Barnes to be ruined the way the other FG companies have been.)

As for Cromwell's...I would not do business with someone that treats people the way they have. Even though their concession offer was still a relatively competitive price, I don't play ball with cheaters. :x
Are they really "cheaters" based on the information that was posted? I'd say it was an honest mistake that was driven by their on-line system.
rimshaker
Silent But Deadly

Post by rimshaker »

rimshaker wrote:
300Blk wrote:You gotta wonder if they will raise the price.
Buy 20... ask questions later :mrgreen:
Well unfortunately I had to ask questions later.

With recent deals on subsonic loads (R300AAC8 for $18-19 per box), and with possible holiday deals coming soon, these Barnes L300AAC1 boxes aren't exactly a deal even at their $16.50 consolation price.

Might have to just settle for the common 147/150gr loads out there for plinking.
Tom12.7
Silent But Deadly

Post by Tom12.7 »

Too bad the deal fell through. Now I can't find a distributor with any in stock. Not really pleased by Cromwell's, but shit happens.
FormerNavy
Silent But Deadly

Post by FormerNavy »

700PSS wrote:
FormerNavy wrote:
300Blk wrote:http://www.internetguncatalog.com/Defau ... ?tabid=179

Davidson's and Sports South may have it.

L300AAC1
Is that for a box of 20? :shock:

I sure hope you're right about price coming down...

EDIT:

Some better looking pricing, albeit currently out of stock:

http://www.hyattgunstore.com/rem-l300aa ... 20-10.html

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/prod ... +OTFB+2010

https://www.getsomeguns.com/p-66889-rem ... -2010.aspx

http://www.cromwellsfirearms.com/index. ... t_id=94872

http://www.richiespng.com/product.php?item=309094
Since this morning, every, single one of these that had it "in-stock" earlier is now "out-of-stock" again, as of right now. Cromwell's fiasco cost those who had placed orders with Cromwell's the opportunity we had to obtain it elsewhere. :evil:
I would agree... except that in all fairness, Cromwells did give folks who placed orders the option to buy at $16.50/box. If you cancelled like I did, then missed out elsewhere I don't see that as their fault.