Announcing - the new 300 BLK UMC - 120 grain.

You can only post guns and ammo for sale or links to guns and ammo here, in the classified section, or in a dealer/manufacturer area.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Scardog7

Re: Announcing - the new 300 BLK UMC - 120 grain.

Post by Scardog7 »

Piep wrote:
What is too much ammo??
I don't think you can have to much of any caliber, if you have a place to store it and get a deal on the stuff it can't hurt to have extra. It's better than cash. IMHO.
I decided to do an inventory. 3,450 rounds + additional loaded in mags. I still don't consider it a plinking caliber. 5.56 and 22lr are. So, for me, YMMV, that's plenty. I'll replace what I shoot but I need to shoot more.

To answer your question directly, 2k rounds with a mix of bullet types suffices for me in 300 BO.

(I also don't consider ammo better than cash. If you're stockpiling ammo and have debt of any sort, you're misdirected on pure financial terms. If you're stockpiling ammo because you just want to, that's a normal male. To rationalize it as an investment is being a normal, delusional male.)
WHA1949
Silent Operator

Post by WHA1949 »

Local Gun Shop has it in stock, $19.99 a box, I smiled at the clerk and said I'll Pass.
Piep
Silent But Deadly

Post by Piep »

Scardog7 wrote:
Piep wrote:
What is too much ammo??
I don't think you can have to much of any caliber, if you have a place to store it and get a deal on the stuff it can't hurt to have extra. It's better than cash. IMHO.
I decided to do an inventory. 3,450 rounds + additional loaded in mags. I still don't consider it a plinking caliber. 5.56 and 22lr are. So, for me, YMMV, that's plenty. I'll replace what I shoot but I need to shoot more.

To answer your question directly, 2k rounds with a mix of bullet types suffices for me in 300 BO.

(I also don't consider ammo better than cash. If you're stockpiling ammo and have debt of any sort, you're misdirected on pure financial terms. If you're stockpiling ammo because you just want to, that's a normal male. To rationalize it as an investment is being a normal, delusional male.)

I've been shooting, reloading and buying ammo for about 50 years now. And as far as debt is concerned I really only have my reguler monthly bills, no big thing. Semi-retired and enjoying grand and greatgrand kids.
What I enjoy is when one of my son's stop over to see about getting some ammo to go shoot with and then says I need to go with and he will spring for lunch and we spend the day at the range.
Now isn't that better than cash
There's a time for compromise. It's called later.

Politically Correct;
A term used for Whiny, overly sensitive Pansies
who need everything Sugar- Coated for them.
RDA
Silent But Deadly

Post by RDA »

Scardog7 wrote:(I also don't consider ammo better than cash. If you're stockpiling ammo and have debt of any sort, you're misdirected on pure financial terms. If you're stockpiling ammo because you just want to, that's a normal male. To rationalize it as an investment is being a normal, delusional male.)
Not necessarily. Based on the last ten or twenty years, ammo has held its value better than cash.

If you believe in the future that the percentage increase in the price of ammo or components will outpace the interest rate on your debt (particularly a mortgage that is tax deductible for instance), you might be better off buying ammo over using that same cash to pay down debt.

Diversify, invest in the stocks, bonds, precious metals, cash ammo, food, etc.

:P
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

in my lifetime the cost of ammo has rarely gone down. in fact the only times i can remember the price of ammo going downward was coming out of the inflated prices of the 2013 shortages. I dont really consider that going down, i consider that a market correction. it shouldn't have been that high in the first place.

so as a future investment you're actually usually pretty safe to put some aside as you have the ability. $1 a round ammo today is more likely to be $1.50 per round in 5 years than it is to be $0.50 per round.

YMMV.
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.
A-Game
Silent But Deadly

Post by A-Game »

My local Walmart had 5 boxes. I bought them all. That is the store on Grande and Bell a Suburb of Phoenix, in the west valley, which is the busiest intersection in the state according to ADOT. So just about every Walmart may have it. No Remington Subsonic. 16.44 a box.

Don't pay 19.00-20.00 a box us shipping online.
Industry Pro Staff for Dynamic Research Technologies When One Shot is All You Get www.drtammo.com https://www.facebook.com/drtammo/
Join the Revolution http://youtube.com/watch?v=3_Xnx3BFuLk
BadKarmaZeroSix
Silent But Deadly

Post by BadKarmaZeroSix »

Whats the upc number on this so i can try to get my local WM to get some?
"Of course I'm carrying a gun. It's where I keep my bullets".
A-Game
Silent But Deadly

Post by A-Game »

4770047070 UPC It is Remington UMC 120 GR. OTFB L300AAC1

If I'm not mistaken this also qualifies for the Barnes buy 2 get one free rebate :mrgreen:

I wish they had six boxes today.

It also has the same black cartridge holder as the Barnes 110 GR. VOR-TX. It looks like Barnes just needed the Remington box and that was it.
Industry Pro Staff for Dynamic Research Technologies When One Shot is All You Get www.drtammo.com https://www.facebook.com/drtammo/
Join the Revolution http://youtube.com/watch?v=3_Xnx3BFuLk
BadKarmaZeroSix
Silent But Deadly

Post by BadKarmaZeroSix »

Found it...thanks, A-game...
"Of course I'm carrying a gun. It's where I keep my bullets".
jaime1982

Post by jaime1982 »

These were at my local walmart as of now. Probably 20 or so boxes.