Powder availability

You can only post guns and ammo for sale or links to guns and ammo here, in the classified section, or in a dealer/manufacturer area.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

RDA
Silent But Deadly

Re: Powder availability

Post by RDA »

No doubt it is in inFURYating, that same person that claims to sell POWDER4LESS (ironic isn't it) would slink into another gun forum under the same USMCFURY moniker and immediately embarrass themselves violating most of the rules attempting to sell powder and give reloading advice, get banned, then sign up again under another moniker, get banned again, then sign up again under a third moniker, and get banned a third time.

Pathetic really.
rebel
Silent But Deadly

Post by rebel »

You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.
Rumbler

Post by Rumbler »

'got notice Friday that H110 backordered last December is in. :roll:

If you want to get rid of flashlights but suspect you will get shot for banning flashlights, drying up the supply of flashlight batteries will have the same net effect.

Not that I suspect that is what is going on. What is going on - in my opinion - is hoarding by consumers. Right here on this very forum you can find photographs of personal powder stores that far exceed what even a family of people could hope to shoot in 20 years of active training/practice/competition.

I know people who do not reload sitting on dozens of pounds of powder and tens of thousands of primers.

. . notice that I did not call them friends though a couple used to be - or so I thought. :evil:
takiniteasy88
Silent But Deadly

Post by takiniteasy88 »

I have a 5 lb backorder set to be here by end if day Wednesday. Good thing too since I was down to 2 lbs.
lupy123
Silent But Deadly

Post by lupy123 »

A local lgs received 200 lbs of powder over two weeks.
OTShooter

Post by OTShooter »

There's more demand for canister grade powder than ever. There was a spectacular disaster at the Hodgdon plant that makes some of their most popular powders (Clays among them) that put their production YEARS behind, oh and some powders are getting scarce from time to time due to their popularity - and panic stricken jerks buying up powders they will never use just because "it's almost gone!!!!!!!" Yeah, that's a conspiracy for you...

Yeah, it's hard to find some powders the moment you get a wild hair to load up something, but planning ahead isn't ever going to hurt. I have some powder, and I have some bullets, and some primers. I'm not ready to build an ammo fort one round at a time, but it's still not that big a deal.
Twinsen
Silent But Deadly

Post by Twinsen »

It has made me learn more about powder and use powders I never knew about. It has also stopped me from reloading any 223 or 308 for a long while. I don't personally know anybody that has powder. I've seen one pound of powder for 223 in the past couple/3 years. I bought it for my roommate and he immediately used it up.

Stupid-ass panic buyers buy it all up so they have something to soak up the moisture in their basement.
MosquitoArms
Silent But Deadly

Post by MosquitoArms »

W296 in stock at Midsouth for a good price!!

LIMIT OF 10. CLICK HERE
ScottB70
Silent But Deadly

Post by ScottB70 »

MosquitoArms wrote:W296 in stock at Midsouth for a good price!!

LIMIT OF 10. CLICK HERE
I wish I never would have logged in today, I was saving for something else. At least I have some good powder now. Thanks for the heads up!
MosquitoArms
Silent But Deadly

Post by MosquitoArms »

:D I'm glad that I was able to help someone here get some powder.
After posting this, I realized that I had backordered 10 pounds....logged in to realize that I, too, am 10 pounds richer, lol.