Powder availability

You can only post guns and ammo for sale or links to guns and ammo here, in the classified section, or in a dealer/manufacturer area.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

ARS4ALL

Powder availability

Post by ARS4ALL »

M I the only one having problem getting powder?
Just got my 300 BLK and would like to do some reloading and according to the general consensus there are three suggested powders for a Sierra 125 GR HP: H110, H4227 and Lilgun. I looked all over on the web and no one has any of them (All Back order) . I don't mind Back Orders but when it take one years and still waiting for a back order from Brownells for a CFE223 one starts to wonder... WTH??? IS THIS HOW THE POTUS IS TRYING TO CONTROL GUNS?? or is this a conspiracy from powder manufactures to control price???

"Without powder guns are just paper waits and clubs."
randyrucker
Silent But Deadly

Re: Powder availability

Post by randyrucker »

Welcome! I like a good consipracy theory as much as the next guy. Keep looking.
ScottB70
Silent But Deadly

Post by ScottB70 »

You can also use any of these if you can find them:

Alliant 2400
Alliant 300-MP
Accurate 1680
Accurate 5744
Vihtavouri N-110
Winchester 296
Ramshot Enforcer

Some are less than ideal, but they'll all push bullets down range.

Here is comparable load data. Remember to work up your loads etc...
http://www.nosler.com/300-aac-blackout
ScottB70
Silent But Deadly

Post by ScottB70 »

Also, Powder Valley still has 8 pound jugs of 4227.
www.powdervalleyinc.com
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

quick! get the tinfoil! the new guy figured out why powder is hard to find! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.
polizei1
Silent But Deadly

Post by polizei1 »

Welcome! We like to help each other out, see this thread for recent availability, and please contribute.

viewtopic.php?f=141&t=87315&start=190

As posted by myself and ScottB70, PV had 1 and 8lb jugs, Cabela's also had 1lb jugs of 4227. If you're lucky, it still may be there!
randyrucker
Silent But Deadly

Post by randyrucker »

If you are desperate you can get A1680 here:

http://www.sportsmanswarehouse.com/spor ... cat100151e

They only let you buy 2 pounds though. I did that once from Cabelas just to have some. Maybe you could get some primers or something to justify the hazmat.

By the time you read this it will probably be gone. A1680 is the hardest powder for me to find. I got a notification from Midway this morning that RL-15 was in stock but as soon as I clicked on the link it was gone. Backorder some at a couple different places and put in notifications in at least 12 other places. You will find some.
nolwark76
Silent But Deadly

Post by nolwark76 »

This is the new reality for handloaders currently. The powder I want is not in stock. I want to keep shooting so my supplies depleted further. Everything is backordered and so I have to figure out how much I really want 6-8 months from now. Wow, the hazmat fee is expensive. Ok, I'll order some extra and extra primers so that hazmat fee doesn't hurt so bad per pound or brick. Oh, everyone else did the same thing. And that is why we still have a shortage.

Don't give up. Don't give into conspiracy. Just be patient. Stuff is coming back.
gds
Silent But Deadly

Post by gds »

where are you located?

there may be someone close to you that has had better luck finding powder and could steer you in the right direction
Yes, I am a Baptist, and yes I carry a gun. You might think I carry a gun because I don't trust God. Well you would be wrong. I have complete faith in my Lord. It is mankind I have no trust in
mrgein
Silent But Deadly

Post by mrgein »

OP, try not to use teenager texting scheme when typing. its really annoying to have to decipher your posts.
Yes, as stated, if we knew what state you are in that will help with recommendations.
dillon 650xl
AAC 16" upper
AAC NiB full auto BCG
Raptor CH
KAC URX3.1 13.5"
Ambush lower
Geissele SSA trigger
Savvy Sniper Quad Dual QD sling
IMR 4227
Hornady Custom Dies