300 Blackout Projectiles Availible

You can only post guns and ammo for sale or links to guns and ammo here, in the classified section, or in a dealer/manufacturer area.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

bani
Silent But Deadly

Re: 300 Blackout Projectiles Availible

Post by bani »

Whole Bunches wrote:1.180 is an impossible short OAL...shorter than the case itself. Please recheck all your posted data.

Interesting was that the recovered shot bullets were one to two tents of an inch longer than unfired bullets. Plating was missing from the sides but not from the tip or base. They had not lost much weight, about ten grains. I have given the remaining bullets to a friend who will try them in a non suppressed setup.
sounds like the lead being used may be too soft.
MAG

Post by MAG »

Lol right 2.18...
gds
Silent But Deadly

Post by gds »

I got a batch of them but have not had time to run them thru their paces. hope to this weekend.
Yes, I am a Baptist, and yes I carry a gun. You might think I carry a gun because I don't trust God. Well you would be wrong. I have complete faith in my Lord. It is mankind I have no trust in
Sub-moa

Post by Sub-moa »

Too expensive! Just because you say that good 200+ grain pills are hard to find at .16-25 doesn't mean we are willing to spend jacketed bullet prices on lead bullets. Most of us don't mind waiting for those windows in time. All you're doing is trying to take advantage of people and the current market. Your business practice is flawed and will show as such. Try the walmart approach and offer them cheap with a small profit margin and watch your overall net sales go through the roof. Until you do that, you just have a fancy lead casting machine with full shelves of product that won't sell. If it does sell at that price and you are happy with your net sales, then good for you.
Whole Bunches
Silent But Deadly

Post by Whole Bunches »

After I posted my poor results, I gave the rest of my sample bullets to a fellow shooter. He may be posting his results with pics and doing more testing, but here's what he showed me:

Using a 1 in 8" twist bbl (mine two bbls were 1 in 7" twist), all of his test shots were keyholes when the bullets hit paper. Pre-warned by me, he shot without a suppressor mounted. I believe he was shooting in the 900fps range.
dead-bird
Silent But Deadly

Post by dead-bird »

Whole Bunches wrote:After I posted my poor results, I gave the rest of my sample bullets to a fellow shooter. He may be posting his results with pics and doing more testing, but here's what he showed me:

Using a 1 in 8" twist bbl (mine two bbls were 1 in 7" twist), all of his test shots were keyholes when the bullets hit paper. Pre-warned by me, he shot without a suppressor mounted. I believe he was shooting in the 900fps range.

SSK 10" barrel, T/C Contender, 1 in 8".
About 12yds. 5 shots, one missed the target.
COAL 2.2", Rem 6 1/2, 8gr AA #9, 990FPS.

MAG

Post by MAG »

10.7gr H4198 OAL 2.18 1090fps tested in a Remington/AAC Model 7 rifle and a AAC 16" AR. The group pictured was shot with the model 7 bolt action rifle at 35 yards. This is a heavier projectile than a Hornady or Sierra it will take a faster velocity to stabilize the projectile.

MAG

Post by MAG »

Here is a picture shot with a suppressor... Same load data with a point of impact shift from the CAN...

dead-bird
Silent But Deadly

Post by dead-bird »

I tried your 10.7gr H4198 OAL 2.18 load.
All brass fire formed in the respective gun and neck sized.
Charges hand weighed +-.05gr

No bullets key holed but groups were not as good as yours.

T/C SSK 10", 1/8 Whisper barrel. Six shots.
1054fps

Handi rifle. Seven shots.
1240fps
dead-bird
Silent But Deadly

Post by dead-bird »

There were some bullet remnants left in both barrels. These had to be removed as they interfered with chambering the next round.

Could have been bad news in an AR...

The Handi.

The T/C SSK