Multitude of New 300BLK Barrels from Ballistic Advantage

You can only post guns and ammo for sale or links to guns and ammo here, in the classified section, or in a dealer/manufacturer area.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

USBP379
Silent But Deadly

Multitude of New 300BLK Barrels from Ballistic Advantage

Post by USBP379 »

http://ballisticadvantagellc.com/?produ ... 0-blackout

No affiliation with Ballistic Advantage. Just wanted to pass on their 300BLK barrel offerings to the members here.
Liveforhuntin

Re: Multitude of New 300BLK Barrels from Ballistic Advantage

Post by Liveforhuntin »

I read an old review of this company online. One man, custom operation, favorable reviews from within the industry. 1/7 twist, any length you want, bead blasted finish...me LIKEY.
ThreeHundredTraveler
Silent But Deadly

Post by ThreeHundredTraveler »

Liveforhuntin wrote:I read an old review of this company online. One man, custom operation, favorable reviews from within the industry. 1/7 twist, any length you want, bead blasted finish...me LIKEY.
Only if you like long lengths. I would like to get a five inch with a threaded end and no gas port to make a nice little 300 Blackout pistol.
USBP379
Silent But Deadly

Post by USBP379 »

ThreeHundredTraveler wrote:
Liveforhuntin wrote:I read an old review of this company online. One man, custom operation, favorable reviews from within the industry. 1/7 twist, any length you want, bead blasted finish...me LIKEY.
Only if you like long lengths. I would like to get a five inch with a threaded end and no gas port to make a nice little 300 Blackout pistol.

Heck, call the shop and see if they'll custom make you one.
ThreeHundredTraveler
Silent But Deadly

Post by ThreeHundredTraveler »

USBP379 wrote:

Heck, call the shop and see if they'll custom make you one.
Yeah for a custom price too. I will wait until I find a friend with a lathe.
RupertBearz
Silent Operator

Post by RupertBearz »

Like all the different lengths that are available. Anyone used one and have any comments?
Who Dares Wins
Shangrila

Post by Shangrila »

I have two of theirs, an 8" and a 10". They both fire well on both subs and supers. I have several of their barrels (5+) and they are all tack drivers. They are the only ones I buy barrels from.
r.tenorio671
Silent But Deadly

Post by r.tenorio671 »

RupertBearz wrote:Like all the different lengths that are available. Anyone used one and have any comments?
I use their barrels;

300BLK Pistols : 10.1" & 9.0" in SS.

5.56 SPR Carbine : 16" in QPQ w/NiB barrel extension

5.56 Pistol : 7.5" , QPQ

Barrels have proven to be very accurate across all bullet ranges (300BLK : 110-150grn and 5.56 : 55-77grn) with all the powders I've used so far.

Powders used:

300BLK : H110, Lil `Gun, A5744, AA9

5.56 : W748

Pricing is very reasonable, comparable to other brands considered "upper level". Wait times no different than others, they maintain much better stocking levels than previously (which many 'posted opinons' erroneously perpetuate long lead times), shipping is fast. I recommend them, but that's just my personal opinion based on personal experience.

v/r

R
JeffWard
Silent But Deadly

Post by JeffWard »

Why don't you just get a carbine gas length barrel cut, threaded, and crowned. It'll cost $150 including recoating...

I had a 16" cut down to 10.5". The guy re-threaded, and crowned the barrel just past the gas port, and now it shoots 1.5" and cycles FINE. It's cheap.

JeffWard
Guns are tools designed for dirty work both competitive and defensive. If I meet someone with a well worn gun, I hope their barrel is pointed the same direction as mine if the lead starts flying...