New 120gr and 200gr Plated Bullets For Blackout

You can only post guns and ammo for sale or links to guns and ammo here, in the classified section, or in a dealer/manufacturer area.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Highborn Outdoors

New 120gr and 200gr Plated Bullets For Blackout

Post by Highborn Outdoors »

First off let me introduce myself, my name is Jared and I represent Highborn Outdoors (highbornoutdoors.com). I have been working for the past two years to come out with a plated 30Cal bullet for the 300 Blackout/Whisper. I used to be part owner of Arnolds Ammo some of the fine members of this forum have purchased ammo from me in the past. I realized that the ammo market was getting very swollen with small to medium sized companies and it was hard to fight for the components I needed. So I changed gears and starting working on a new plated bullet. I teamed up with PowerBond bullets and our new bullets were made. It has been a long hard road but we have arrived. Our goal is to make an inexpensive bullet for the blackout world. Right now the only two options we have are 120gr Polymer Tipped and 200gr Polymer Tipped. We are working on a round nose design for both. The first production run will be complete next week, available through purchase at our website. I will be offering a 10% discount if you use the code 300blktalk. They have also been Reviewed by Jeff Quinn at GunBlast.com alongside the new Tactical Solutions AR-300 http://www.gunblast.com/TacSol-TSAR300.htm

Please visit our website highbornoutdoors.com and like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/pages/Highborn ... 708?ref=hl we will be doing giveaways through Facebook to help promote our product.

Thank you for your time.

And one last parting note as many are going to ask, we do not have the total expansion (of the subsonic bullets) that we would like but we have killed two deer with our bullets over the last two seasons. We are constantly working on that.

Jared
Sig220
Silent But Deadly

Re: New 120gr and 200gr Plated Bullets For Blackout

Post by Sig220 »

Took a quick look at your site and projectiles. The initial pics look good, can you provide any other info on them such as length, ballistic data or load data?

Thanks!!
VA Bigbore

Post by VA Bigbore »

I'll be happy to order and try some 120gr bullets. Please let me know when you have some for sale. I'll be happy to load some up and post a report on them. I have several powders waiting to try them out with. I did a bunch of testing with the 50 Beowulf when it first came out and am giving my 300 blackout a workout now. Hope to have some other powders to post loads for soon
Liveforhuntin

Post by Liveforhuntin »

I'd love to get my hands on some of the 200 grain bullets, and do a review on them here.

And I "liked" your facebook page. 8)
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

when will you be announcing the retail price of these?
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.
Highborn Outdoors

Thank you everyone for the great response, the bullets are in stock on the website and ready to go. Do not forget to enter 300blktalk into the coupon area for 10% off. (This is only good on the 30 Cal bullets). Just FYI the 50 round and 100 round boxes are the same size and I can ship up to 3 in a small flat rate box for the same shipping costs.

Retail Prices are as follows
120gr Polymer Tip
50 rnd box $14.99
100 rnd box $27.49

200gr Polymer Tip
50 rnd box $18.49
100 rnd box $34.99

All feedback is welcome positive or negative. My only request is that it be constructive. If you think my bullets suck, great let me know just let me know who, what, when, where, why, etc.

To Sig220 I have not calculated BC on these bullets yet, the length of the bullets are 120gr-.945 200gr.-1.330 as far as load data goes. Both loads 2.100 COL, we have used H110 with the subs 9.5grs we were getting 1050 in Boise ID at 65 degrees out of an 11.5" barrel. The 120's I would start around 14grs of lil-gun and build from there. Now keep in mind these are just suggestions from what has worked in my guns, I will not guarantee these loads will work in everyone’s guns. Always build a light load and work up in graduated increments in a controlled test environment. Also from my testing I have found that primers can make a huge difference in subsonic ammo, so I would always caution on the side of lower velocity to start.

I hope this helps and please feel free to contact me at any time with further questions.

Liveforhuntin Thanks for the Facebook like!

Jared
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

my only criticism i can lay on you is the retail price seems a bit high for plated - even with the poly tips. jacketed bullets are only a couple cents more per round (and in some cases cheaper) than your plated bullets.

that said competition on the market is always a good thing and i commend your ingenuity of blending a plated bullet with the poly tip technology.

i wish you the best and hope you can stay in the game :)
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.
polizei1
Silent But Deadly

Post by polizei1 »

I agree, I was pretty excited, but won't be buying any due to the price. FMJ > plated, and that's especially true when you can find FMJ for cheaper (even with the 10% off!).
Highborn Outdoors

To: polizei1 and plant.one

Thank you for the feedback on the price, I appreciate the information. I am working on a round nose design that will be significantly cheaper to compete with the FMJ market so keep an eye out for those. My goal of the polymer tipped was to make an inexpensive hunting round.

Again thank you for the feedback.

Jared
jwb47
Silent But Deadly

Post by jwb47 »

I wish you all the luck and hope your product catches on . options are always a good thing.