The ultimate solution for the Colorado Mag ban

You can only post guns and ammo for sale or links to guns and ammo here, in the classified section, or in a dealer/manufacturer area.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

VENT625
Silent But Deadly

Re: The ultimate solution for the Colorado Mag ban

Post by VENT625 »

velo555 wrote:
VENT625 wrote:Speaking of reality gun shows...there was a show called "Gunsmoke", not the western, but a show about a gun shop here in Denver (Wheat Ridge actually). They were a small shop at first, I remember them having literally one cabinet with about six guns, the kind that nobody wanted. Somehow, they got a reality show, moved into a bigger building, and the guy was doing custom work. He would buy collections too. He would take a personal helicopter into the mountains and purchase these weapons.

One night, someone busted a hole in his roof, and stole a bunch of guns. A week later, the ATF raided the store, and haven't heard of them since. I think he got so far into debt, staged the burglary for insurance money and got caught!!!!
The shows name was "American Guns"

Gun shop was called Gunsmoke.

That was it, thanks for the correction.
"Trust me...I know what I'm doing."

velo555
Silent But Deadly

Post by velo555 »

Sorry been watching it on Netflix. I see it as a comedy. Just wish I had that kind of money.
Victor Lopez
VENT625
Silent But Deadly

Post by VENT625 »

I went into his store one day, to see what it was all about. What a joke......half of the store was items they had made up with the store name. Clothing racks with "Gunsmoke" shirts and some racks with gun grips with the "Gunsmoke" name on it. Coffee mugs and all. Right then, I knew the rest of the store was a joke. And it was. Some racks of old rifles, and a few cases of old pistols. If they had anything good, it was in the back out of public view. Havent been back since.......
"Trust me...I know what I'm doing."

jryock
Silent But Deadly

Post by jryock »

I would have to agree that the more exposure helps numb the stigma of the black rifle (as Dolomite provided some great examples). However... some shows involving youth shoots, three gun competitions, and other shooting sport events would be a welcome change over slinging some over-the-top hardware to a sheriff.

I'd also love to see some of the major players (NRA, NSSF, GAO, etc.) get some airtime to properly educate new gun owners on handling various weapons and safe storage. It would be some positive press and, more importantly, provide a great resource for gun owners.
Dolomite_Supafly
Silent But Deadly

Post by Dolomite_Supafly »

jryock wrote:I would have to agree that the more exposure helps numb the stigma of the black rifle (as Dolomite provided some great examples). However... some shows involving youth shoots, three gun competitions, and other shooting sport events would be a welcome change over slinging some over-the-top hardware to a sheriff.

I'd also love to see some of the major players (NRA, NSSF, GAO, etc.) get some airtime to properly educate new gun owners on handling various weapons and safe storage. It would be some positive press and, more importantly, provide a great resource for gun owners.
They did do a show where they built some stuff for the US Olympic shooting team.
WWW.thegunmilitia.com

Come join the militia!
jelliejones

Post by jelliejones »

Colorado's post-Newtown gun laws don't work, and are likely unconstitutional to boot.

Last edited by jelliejones on Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
rebel
Silent But Deadly

Post by rebel »

No doubt that!
You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.
skyegod
Senior Silent Operator

Post by skyegod »

tfbit wrote:I can see Will now... attaching 5 rifles to the thing and saying "N'er been dun bafore".
HOLD MAH BEER AND WATCH THIS..............