Noveske ammo

You can only post guns and ammo for sale or links to guns and ammo here, in the classified section, or in a dealer/manufacturer area.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Mike from Texas

Re: Noveske ammo

Post by Mike from Texas »

I do agree that the glow tip is definitely a gimmick however if the round performs as advertised I see it as a win for 300 blackout users who wish to use subsonic ammo on targets other than paper.
WHA1949
Silent Operator

Post by WHA1949 »

I think these will be novelty ammo, I just don't see Nosler pumping out hundreds of thousands of rounds, especially if they sell for $3 or more a round which is likely. Noveske may do a limited run for promotional use, Buy a Rifle and get a box of Noveske custom ammo. I'm not planning on seeing thease on store shelves any time soon.
300Blk
Site Admin

Post by 300Blk »

They look cool but black is the color of SAAMI dummy rounds. So if you shoot someone with these, it is easy to claim that you thought it was inert and reasonable for a judge or jury to agree. Huge liability potential.
Omega
Silent But Deadly

Post by Omega »

300Blk wrote:They look cool but black is the color of SAAMI dummy rounds. So if you shoot someone with these, it is easy to claim that you thought it was inert and reasonable for a judge or jury to agree. Huge liability potential.
Highly doubtful anyone would fall for that; more likely that an overzealous prosecutor will claim that they were specially purchased for the specific act you are charged with. I personally don't care what I have loaded since no matter what it is their will be possible claims for and against its use in whatever you may be charged with. I purchase SD rounds that perform in their intended task, and that is to drop a target as quick and efficient as possible with little to no pass through. In my hunting, I use rounds that will get DRT performance, whether that be enough gun or enough bullet. Though if you catch me at a range or on the way and I have to defend myself with plinking rounds, well so be it; I guess I will just have to put more rounds on target to accomplish the task and let the lawyers and coroners sort it out afterwards.
Last edited by Omega on Tue May 13, 2014 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it."
~Pericles~
Mike from Texas

Post by Mike from Texas »

Omega wrote:
300Blk wrote:They look cool but black is the color of SAAMI dummy rounds. So if you shoot someone with these, it is easy to claim that you thought it was inert and reasonable for a judge or jury to agree. Huge liability potential.
Highly doubtful anyone would fall for that; more likely that an overzealous prosecutor will claim that they were specially purchased for the specific act you are charged with. I personally don't care what I have loaded since no matter what it is their will be possible claims for and against its use in whatever you may be charged with. I purchase SD rounds that perform in their intended task, and that is to drop a target as quick and efficient as possible with little to no pass through. In my hunting, I use rounds that will get DRT performance, whether that be enough gun or enough bullet. Though if you catch me at a range or on the way and I have to defend myself with plinking rounds, well so be it; I guess I will just have to put more rounds on target to accomplish the task and let the lawyers and coroners sort it out afterwards.

^^^^^^ This for sure.
dellet
Silent But Deadly

Post by dellet »

Aren't most Molly coated bullets basically black?
300 Blackout, not just for sub-sonics.
BTP

Post by BTP »

I'm still trying to figure out if this is real or some weird marketing joke. Not being an ass, I am genuinely confused.
theemikeymike
Silent Operator

Post by theemikeymike »

I emailed nosler and they flat out said "sorry no release date at this time".
hunter2
Silent But Deadly

Post by hunter2 »

No higher than the black tips if they are $3a round. Would have to have some!
300Blk
Site Admin

Post by 300Blk »

dellet wrote:
Aren't most Molly coated bullets basically black?
Yes, but they are used in brass-colored cases though.