new side charging upper!!!

You can only post guns and ammo for sale or links to guns and ammo here, in the classified section, or in a dealer/manufacturer area.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

BadKarmaZeroSix
Silent But Deadly

Re: new side charging upper!!!

Post by BadKarmaZeroSix »

Anybody got pics with one of these installed?
"Of course I'm carrying a gun. It's where I keep my bullets".
Sub-moa

Post by Sub-moa »

The joeboboutfitters lowers are made by new frontier armory.
TheMustardTiger

Post by TheMustardTiger »

Looks awesome but show some love for the lefties in the house... As much as I love my raptor handles it'd be nice to see one with the charging handle on the right side
RupertBearz
Silent Operator

Post by RupertBearz »

There are a couple that have the side charging handle on the right side and/or ambidextrous, I just can't remember which website I saw them on.
Who Dares Wins

Post by 1018 »

Crosshills Technologies has Ambi side handles. Either side is removable.
AccurateOkie

Post by AccurateOkie »

This is the same setup as Gibbz Arms upper receiver and they have a righty or lefty.
mrgein
Silent But Deadly

Post by mrgein »

TheMustardTiger wrote:Looks awesome but show some love for the lefties in the house... As much as I love my raptor handles it'd be nice to see one with the charging handle on the right side
why? then you would have to do an AK roll. On the left side is pretty nice, same side as mag change hand and wouldn't require letting go with trigger hand. i can see where certian positions would be hard to use charging handle.
dillon 650xl
AAC 16" upper
AAC NiB full auto BCG
Raptor CH
KAC URX3.1 13.5"
Ambush lower
Geissele SSA trigger
Savvy Sniper Quad Dual QD sling
IMR 4227
Hornady Custom Dies
blkgunlvr
Senior Silent Operator

Post by blkgunlvr »

I bought one of the New Frontier side chargers and LOVE IT!! I used it to build up my 9" McGowan barreled pistol and it shoots and functions like a champ! since putting on the SIG arm brace, I've been able to shoot 3/4" one-hole groups at 25 yds using my 220 gr SMK subsonic handloads through my 762 SDN6. The ability to use any BCG is a big plus. The only minor negative that I have is that the allen screw holding in the latch detent isn't anchored in any way and had nearly worked its way out of the charging handle which might have lost the screw, spring and detent ball before I noticed it. But a couple drops of blue Locktite and that problem is solved! I'm tempted to purchase another for a 6.5 Grendel build![URL=http://s606.photobucket.com/user/t ... .jpg[/img][/url]
nolwark76
Silent But Deadly

Post by nolwark76 »

Looks good! That would be a plus with a long range caliber like a 6.5 G. Behind the gun prone, it would help a lot with manipulating the action if needed in a more natural position.

I'm all for good kit, but why do the big name (cough...Noveske) rifles seem like run o the mill M4 style with basically a few upgraded parts, charge $2700 for thier gun, but don't make it a side charger?
IslandTimes

Post by IslandTimes »

Any more reviews/pictures of this upper?