new side charging upper!!!

You can only post guns and ammo for sale or links to guns and ammo here, in the classified section, or in a dealer/manufacturer area.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Abiqua
Silent But Deadly

Re: new side charging upper!!!

Post by Abiqua »

I handled one at a gun show today, mounted on a Joe Bob Spartan billet lower. Looked very good.
bani
Silent But Deadly

Post by bani »

plant.one wrote:i'll bite

why exactly does an upper for a 300 blackout need a forward assist?

the milling for a bad lever is a nice bonus though
a rifle only needs a forward assist if the rifle is broken.
Jim Timber
Silent But Deadly

Post by Jim Timber »

Or filthy.

You might not get a break to clean your weapon in a shoot out.

If that scares you, you could always shoot an AK. They lack forward assists. :lol:
https://squareup.com/market/SimpleThreadedDevices
https://www.facebook.com/SimpleThreadedDevices
BadKarmaZeroSix
Silent But Deadly

Post by BadKarmaZeroSix »

I would think after recently getting into Blackout that an FA would be more useful on a 300 than 5.56, just because of how quickly it seems to get fouled from firing, especially my handloads...fouling = chance of needing FA when it matters...rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it...thats why i carry 2 sidearms when i conceal...wasnt even a boyscout, but im prepared...lol
"Of course I'm carrying a gun. It's where I keep my bullets".
kamoto
Silent But Deadly

Post by kamoto »

my reason for these is an upper without a charge handle or hole in back to use with target barrels or with a suppressor when i get one.
wjm308

Post by wjm308 »

So that's who makes the new JBO Spartan side charging upper, I wonder if they also make the Spartan lower for them as well, I'm assuming so...

I just ordered one of these so will be curious how it functions with my new 300BLK build, especially since I already have the JBO Spartan Billet lowers

http://www.joeboboutfitters.com/Spartan ... -upper.htm

PS - does anyone know what the two threaded holes in the charging handle are for, possibly an extension or something?
TCustoms
Silent Operator

Post by TCustoms »

The Spartan lower is made by NFA, just like the upper
kamoto
Silent But Deadly

Post by kamoto »

the spartan upper looks identical to the one i just received from new frontier today. fyi it does have an odd rear hatch that you cant open unless u separate the upper from the lower it covers the gas key notch in the upper. btw i love mine. still undecided which gun to put this on. my varmint gun that currently has a cord pull charge handle( the scope is so big u cant touch the charge handle) or swap my black out upper for when the can clears the atf jail.
TCustoms
Silent Operator

Post by TCustoms »

wjm308 wrote:So that's who makes the new JBO Spartan side charging upper, I wonder if they also make the Spartan lower for them as well, I'm assuming so...

I just ordered one of these so will be curious how it functions with my new 300BLK build, especially since I already have the JBO Spartan Billet lowers

http://www.joeboboutfitters.com/Spartan ... -upper.htm

PS - does anyone know what the two threaded holes in the charging handle are for, possibly an extension or something?

One attaches the handle to the rail. The other is for the detent ball and spring
theemikeymike
Silent Operator

Post by theemikeymike »

I have a post where I am deciding between a seekins upper or one of these side charge uppers.
Working man armory sells the same upper and lowers as joe bobs so they are all being made by someone. When I asked WMA they referred to them as made in the same place.