300 Blackout magazines

You can only post guns and ammo for sale or links to guns and ammo here, in the classified section, or in a dealer/manufacturer area.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Doc Lott

300 Blackout magazines

Post by Doc Lott »

I'm looking for dedicated 300 BLK magazines. Everyone tells you to use 223/5.56 mags, but isn't there a slight difference which could cause feeding problems ?? If so, what is the difference ?? Also, if there are dedicated mags where would i find them ??

Thank's (first time forum user)
VENT625
Silent But Deadly

Re: 300 Blackout magazines

Post by VENT625 »

Doc Lott wrote:I'm looking for dedicated 300 BLK magazines. Everyone tells you to use 223/5.56 mags, but isn't there a slight difference which could cause feeding problems ?? If so, what is the difference ?? Also, if there are dedicated mags where would i find them ??

There are no "dedicated" 300blk mags.......I've been using PMAGS with no problems whatsoever.
"Trust me...I know what I'm doing."

Doc Lott

Post by Doc Lott »

THX "Vent625"
Ben B.
Silent But Deadly

Post by Ben B. »

I've been using PMAGs & GI aluminum 20 rd mags with no problems. Lancer mags are supposed to be optimal.
"rjacobs" quote removed at "rjacobs" request.
HotHolster
Silent But Deadly

Post by HotHolster »

Ben B. wrote:I've been using PMAGs & GI aluminum 20 rd mags with no problems. Lancer mags are supposed to be optimal.
I bought three 20 round Lancer mags to use exclusively for my Blackouts and two of them had feed problems the first time I tried using them. To check each mag after the feed problem, I ran a full mag of .223 in each without any problems, then I reloaded them with 300 BO and they have worked fine since then.

I also use Pmags, AR Stoner (5 round for hunting), and C Products, without any issues.
Dystaxia
Silent But Deadly

Post by Dystaxia »

Doc Lott wrote:I'm looking for dedicated 300 BLK magazines. Everyone tells you to use 223/5.56 mags, but isn't there a slight difference which could cause feeding problems ?? If so, what is the difference ?? Also, if there are dedicated mags where would i find them ??

I have a bunch of these and they work great. Running everything from 110gr Varmageddon's to cast NOE 311 247's - ZERO problems.

http://shopwilsoncombat.com/AR-Style-Ma ... 30-300BLK/
ThreeHundredTraveler
Silent But Deadly

Post by ThreeHundredTraveler »

One of the goals for the specification for 300 Blackout was that is use standard AR15 magazines. And of course standard AR15 bolts.

Barrel change only.
bangbangping
Silent But Deadly

Post by bangbangping »

ThreeHundredTraveler wrote:One of the goals for the specification for 300 Blackout was that is use standard AR15 magazines. And of course standard AR15 bolts.

Barrel change only.
And that goal may be obtainable once we have an abundance of bullets that were designed with that goal in mind. Until then...
L1A1Rocker
Silent But Deadly

Post by L1A1Rocker »

There have been a few issues using some bullets originally made for 308 and 3006. The issue is that where the rib used to ride on the 223 neck, it now rides on the bullet. Some bullet profiles are wider than the 223 neck at the rib contact point. That's when some issues can be run into. Some magazines are a bit more forgiving than others, and some need to have the rib "adjusted". I run Orlite mags without any problems.

Now of course, any bullet made for 300blk use will be correctly profiled so there would be no issue at all.
Desert scrub
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Desert scrub »

There are 300blk specific mags that are slightly different in the front ribs depth. D&H makes them so they do exist. Are they necessary? Not really, just file down the rib in the pmags a little or use Lancer mags, problem solved.
I have 3 of the D&H Mags that are 300blk specific but prefer my Pmags. I have never had an issue with anything except my 20rd pmag with 300blk.